317 Heads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My van is an 01. It's hard trying to picture what I need to do without actually having the parts in front of me. I understand what you're saying about the new y pipe and the location if some cats. I'm gonna check out my exhaust this weekend and figure out what I can do concerning the new y pipe with cats. Once I get that I'm just going to do a muffler. I read on the forum that our pipes are a decent size and changing them for a complete cat back system would be a waste. What kind of muffler are you running? I have 2 brand new Borlas, but the casing, size wise, is kind of small, so I don't know if case size would be detrimental to the exhaust or exhaust flow. I think inlet and out on them might be 2 1/4-2 1/2. It's been awhile since I've looked at them.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, at this power level, your stock pipe size isn't a restriction. Just get a free-flow muffler of your choice.

I still have the stock muffler. Haven't had much time to do more than simple bolt-on stuff. I did make my own resonator delete, though. I plan on something like a quiet Magnaflow (I forget the part number of the popular model). You can use those two Borlas if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it. If you do, you'd need to get a Y to split the stock pipe to feed both mufflers (maybe orient them "vetically" side-by-side), then either run two pipes leaving them or Y them back together into the stock pipe. Personally, I'd just get a single aftermarket muffler with 3" inlet/outlet. There aren't very many with 2.75" I/O.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Screenshot_20161117-220853.png Decided to get this from Jonah52. Couldn't pass it up. Seems like it'll fit the bill. MBRP muffler. Never heard of them before.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667