3" spacer lift after a suspension lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks gents! I dont mind it being a little taller in the rear when unloaded, but I didnt even think about air bags. Will have to consider them then.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If you are using shock extenders in the rear with stock size shocks you could get Monroe Max Air adjustable shocks.
http://www.monroe.com/en-US/products/Max-Air/shock-Absorbers
I have been running them for years on vehicles for towing and vehicles with large stereo systems. 1,100lbs capacity good from 20psi - 150psi, run them down around 50-70lbs for leveled daily use, put load on vehicle hit them with an air compressor until the rear is level again. They do offer them in different lengths and you could use Monroes online database to see if there is possibly a shock with the correct mounts, extended length, and compressed length to fit with the lift with out shock extenders.

OP
OP
B

BigPaw

Reaction score
Those might work! Hows the ride level w/o load and loaded air'd up?

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those might work! Hows the ride level w/o load and loaded air'd up?

I looked today and they only have a stock length and shorter Max Air that fit our mounts, so you would need to use shock extenders with stock length Max Airs. I loved the ride, When I would air it down w/o a load it was nice and smooth, I could also air up to get an inch or so lift and have a stiffer ride with less body roll. With loads I would always hitch my trailer or load the back up then air it up until it was back to normal ride height or the trailer was level. This always resulted in a planted and controlled feel, still smooth over bumps but not bouncy at all, very controlled. I’d definitly say Monroe did a great job pairing the shocks valving to the air bag.

OP
OP
B

BigPaw

Reaction score
I watched vids on them and they look promising. Thanks for the info sir!

DStarr02

Reaction score
Just another idea for you, you could look at the shocks for the premium smooth ride (ZW7) suspension. They are nivomat (self leveling) shocks. Those with shock extensions will pump themselves up (internal pumping done by shock moving during first few hundred feet of driving) to the set height, automatically compensating for the load changes. Can pick up on Amazon for around $60 each.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645