3” Lift opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running or have opinions on a 3” lift, angles, with or without after market control arms? Is there a right way to run the 3” without potential issues? Had been looking at RC 3.5” but not impressed by reviews.

Opinions appreciated.

Last edited:

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe at 3” lift you really need to look at a front diff drop as well to keep the cv angles more proper. Something to keep in mind.

Then do you just go 4” with a complete all-encompassing Kit—front crossmembers, etc?

OP
OP
DWSmoot

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for you response Kpwweb. I hear what you’re saying about the 4”. Just not wanting to go that high.

iras1976

Reaction score
Anyone running or have opinions on a 3” lift, angles, with or without after market control arms? Is there a right way to run the 3” without potential issues? Had been looking at RC 3.5” but not impressed by reviews.

Opinions appreciated.
3" of lift is the max that you should go without having issues. Get a shock like a Rancho rs7000mt which will give you 2" of lift and extra shock travel , then add a 1" spacer to the front , then a 1.5 spacer in the rear . Change the rear shock to a bilstein 5100 to support that extra rear lift . That's my recommendation for a proper lift on a budget , with quality products .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DWSmoot

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to a Rancho adjustable front shock 0
Or just a 2 inch longer shock?

Last edited:

iras1976

Reaction score
Are you referring to a Rancho adjustable front tide height shock Or just a 2 inch longer shock
The Rancho rs7000mt I mentioned gives you a 2" lift , its 2" longer also . The 9000 series has 2" of lift and adjustable dampening.

I'd recommend the bilstein for the front , but they require you to use your oem spring seat , and it wouldn't come off of my old strut and I had to return it .
Check 4wheelparts.com , I've found that 4wp has the best prices , and they have a tire sale right now also .

OP
OP
DWSmoot

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the 1” spacer go at top of shock mount or bottom? I currently have a 2” spacer bottom mount.

iras1976

Reaction score
Does the 1” spacer go at top of shock mount or bottom? I currently have a 2” spacer bottom mount.
You can get either , but what i was thinking of was a top mount for the front and a bottom mount for the rear . Supreme or suspension maxx Maxx stack

OP
OP
DWSmoot

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So basically this bilstein with a 1.5” spacer top mount? This was the bilstien listed for the 2017 Tahoe. 0 to 1.6” lift.

ADFDB5CC-A6CD-418B-B307-99DF61D9DD19.png