2nd Row TV rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J B pdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had a rattle issue from the 2nd row TV area? I know I have a rattle coming from the back glass, which I ordered felt tape to hopefully fix, but it sounds like there is a rattle from where the TV is on the ceiling. If so, how did you fix it? I think I saw one post about pulling the headliner and then wrapping the wires in felt tape.

Thanks

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have glasses in the glass holder/flip down mirror? Mine rattle like crazy. At first I thought it was something on the passenger’s side, but traced it down to the glasses. Sound in interiors can travel in funny ways and drive you crazy.

OP
OP
J

J B pdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have glasses in the glass holder/flip down mirror? Mine rattle like crazy. At first I thought it was something on the passenger’s side, but traced it down to the glasses. Sound in interiors can travel in funny ways and drive you crazy.

I did check that, and I think they were making some noise. I think i have figured it to be coming from the passenger side liftgate area. I still can't figure out exactly what it is. I may have to take all of the trim off and see if there are some loose wires or something that could be jingling while driving.

Thanks

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did check that, and I think they were making some noise. I think i have figured it to be coming from the passenger side liftgate area. I still can't figure out exactly what it is. I may have to take all of the trim off and see if there are some loose wires or something that could be jingling while driving.

Thanks

It could be the liftgate itself. Try some silicone on the bushings where the liftgate contacts the body and see if it quiets it down? Those bushings may be getting hard by now and squeaking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14