2nd row buckets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

9C1C

Reaction score
I've got a 2004 Yukon with the bench seat in the middle. I am looking at a set of 2nd row buckets and wondered, do they recline at all? Also, for those that have 2nd row buckets, would a third row passenger be easily able to use the space between the 2nd row buckets for extra legroom?

Twithers

Reaction score
I've got a 2004 Yukon with the bench seat in the middle. I am looking at a set of 2nd row buckets and wondered, do they recline at all? Also, for those that have 2nd row buckets, would a third row passenger be easily able to use the space between the 2nd row buckets for extra legroom?
I've been considering swapping out the 2nd row bench seat in my '04 Tahoe with "captain's chairs". I used to have that setup in a Suburban and it was great. Did you actually find a seat of 2nd row buckets? Are they buckets that were originally in the 2nd row of another truck, or are you putting front row buckets back there? I'd be interested in where you found the seats and how difficult the swap would be.

Thanks.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine don't recline. There's about 9" or so in between the seats, up or folded.

EDIT: mine DO recline.

Last edited:

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my 04 Tahoe Z71 with middle captain's chairs. Confirmed. No recline. I love the flexibility of this seating configuration! I had a large item to transport. I took the third-row seats and stacked them both on one side, up front, on top of the driver's side middle row seat after I folded them flat.

Here are photos of the driver's side middle captain's chair folding down... (I still can't get over how clean this interior was, when I got it a couple of months back!) Sooo comfortable!
20211215_104226.jpg
20211215_104311.jpg
20211215_104330.jpg

OP
OP

9C1C

Reaction score
I found some on facebook for $350 but haven't gotten them yet. The owner thinks they will fit but I'm not sure what they came out of. They look exactly like what I see in stock photos for the Yukon, though, so I was going to go check them out and be sure they fit before I bought them. Not sure if that's a good price or what I can get for the bench I have, but I do like the extra space you get in between the captains chairs in the second row.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Here is my 04 Tahoe Z71 with middle captain's chairs. Confirmed. No recline. I love the flexibility of this seating configuration! I had a large item to transport. I took the third-row seats and stacked them both on one side, up front, on top of the driver's side middle row seat after I folded them flat.

Here are photos of the driver's side middle captain's chair folding down... (I still can't get over how clean this interior was, when I got it a couple of months back!) Sooo comfortable!
View attachment 358124
View attachment 358125
View attachment 358126
My 04 tahoe z71 seats look identical to yours but mine recline.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Your wish is my command.I thought all of them recline-same handle that drops the back of seat forward.Reclines the seat back about 4-5 inches.

Attachments

• 2nd row seats 186.JPG
    2nd row seats 186.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 2nd row seats 188.JPG
    2nd row seats 188.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 14

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This topic has been addressed many times. There are several threads here with walk through instructions detailing the process and what parts and work are required for the swap. Bench seats can be converted to buckets and vice versa. The only catch is that the seats need to be from the same wheel base suv. Suburban and Yukon xl seats will NOT fit in a Tahoe or non XL Yukon. And Tahoe and non XL Yukon seats will NOT fit into a suburban or Yukon XL. The bolt locations in the floors are different between the two wheel base platforms. So make sure if you’re swapping from bench to captains, or captains to bench for your Yukon, that you verify the seats that are being swapped into it come out from the same wheel base SUV as what you currently have.

And for what’s it’s worth; my 2006 XL Denali has mid row buckets, that recline, and there’s plenty of room to climb in between the two seats to get in and out of third row seats, my 11 year old nephew, and 9 and 7 years old nieces do it all the time. I’ve done it plenty of times in my own rig and in the many GM SUVs that belong to clients that I detail for getting in and out during the detailing process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts