285/70/17 without suspension modification 04 Z71?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr Tahoe

Reaction score
Abstrastic, I am going from Goodyear Fortera tires (road) to the 285/70/17 terra grapplers that you have. I'm getting them next week. Do you hear them inside the vehicle? If so, are they loud enough to be annoying on a long road trip?

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
i just got these Falken Rocky Mountains with the rims yesterday and i like 'em a lot... they ride good and look pretty good too. not too noisy either, you can barely hear 'em. they're 265/75/16

Attachments

• new tires 2.jpg
    new tires 2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
H

homedic3181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put on the 285/70/17 on my stocker wheels on my stock suspension Z71 Tahoe and not a bit of rubbing lock to lock forward or reverse. I have the Nitto Terra Grapplers there is a little bit of road noise, but it's nothing compared to the road noise of a mud tire if you've ever had a set. I just turn up the radio a bit and good to go

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Abstrastic, I am going from Goodyear Fortera tires (road) to the 285/70/17 terra grapplers that you have. I'm getting them next week. Do you hear them inside the vehicle? If so, are they loud enough to be annoying on a long road trip?

i cant hear anything from the tires because of my exhaust. lol.

Frankhenrylee

Reaction score

I had 305/70-16's on my old 98 2500 and they are extremely quiet. Once you get a few miles on them though they pretty much just turn into regular street tires, no mud capability. I'm looking at the Mickey Thompson ATZ's or Pro Comp Extreme AT's for my new/old Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts