285/65/18 without level kit, will it work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snacky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've been in here. I'm getting kind of close to the time where I will be getting new tires. This is for a 2007 Z71 Tahoe. I have had the CCM leveling kit on the shelf in my garage for a long time now. I'm starting to consider not using it. I kind of like the way she sits stock but I want to fill up those wheel wells a little more. I'm looking at the Cooper S/T Maxx 285/65/18... Which runs 32.8 tall and 11.8 wide. Will those fit under my stock set up without giving me rubbing issues? Or should I look at the 275/65/18... Which runs 32.2 tall and only 10.8 wide ? I'd like to go bigger if I can but I don't want to create major rubbing and don't want to do major trimming .
Thanks!

Reaction score
Yes the 285 will rub with no level. It will also not look good....
But with a leveling kit it will look great.

The 275 will also probably rub. Both will look way better if you put a leveling kit on. Just a 2" in the front is all you need. the stuffed stock look is not a good one in my opinion. If you are not going to level stick with a 265 and get the aggressive tread.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI 285/65/18 will rub even with a level kit. You will need to do some minor trimming to fit. Just install the CCM level kit and trim to fit the tires. IMO you will be disappointed compromising on either the extra lift height or skinny tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayebarberr