26's rubbing like crazy, questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HokieHigh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put my 26's on with 305/30/26 and it rubs like crazy. I have a 3/5 drop kit. My question is would it be a horrible thing to yard out most of the plastic fender liners to make them work or is that a bad idea, not opposed to cutting out all that plastic out. What are the pros and cons to yarding out all the fender liners?

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the negatives. Some guys just remove the plastics all together.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
There are no negatives to removing the liners completely. I would just pull them out if I were you.

OP
OP
H

HokieHigh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didn't think it would be an issue but wasn't sure so i thought i would ask the people who would know for sure. thanks for the info, i think i will just take out the rears and go from there. appreciate the help

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the front left, drivers side, be careful of the washer bottle. i have 22s and i almost rubbed it completely through. i can say your engine bay is gonna be dirty as hell. unless you only drive on sunny day, expect to get dirty

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try to heat it up and pry a 2x4 in there to make more space.

OP
OP
H

HokieHigh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only have to yard out what little liner is in the rear, the front doesn't rub that much only on sharp turns

d!!!

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know most people run a smaller tire on the 26 the next size down from what you are Runing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodinchris