24" rim question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hybridenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys got a quick question. I got a 11 Denali and it has the 22" rims on it now....however I wanna get 24" ones. Will the 24s fit without having any rubbing problems?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have 24"s, but from what I've read here a lot depends on the offset and tire size.

Lots of people have gotten stuck with wheels that are really meant for the '06 and earlier trucks, which have the same stud pattern, but which take a different offset. Also, I've read that a 305-width tire can rub if you don't do some trimming/massaging of the plastic wheel liners.

Just spend some time reading different post here regarding larger wheels. I don't know if you can absolutely say there will be no rubbing with a set of 24"s, but folks have gotten theirs dialed in so there isn't any (while others have had problems).

Good luck.

bulldog03ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To answer your question I own a wheel and tire shop out here in georgia.You need the 295/35/24 Tire

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had kmc slide 24's and have oem 22's now. They only rubbed in reverse with the wheel fully turned.

This was using a 305/35/24

NewestCar.gif

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Felix -- Do I remember why you went from the 24"s to stock 22"s? Was it ride-based? Rubbing? Don't recall the circumstances...

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
My 24's are a +18 offset and I run a 295/35 tire. No rubbing at all.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Felix -- Do I remember why you went from the 24"s to stock 22"s? Was it ride-based? Rubbing? Don't recall the circumstances...

A -LOT- of reasons.... don't get me wrong 24's/26's+ look GREAT and with a lot of work and modding, your ride can STAY great... but it's not easy, so they came off.... here's why I took em off:

1) I wanted AutoRide/an LTZ because I wanted a smooth ride. When I got the 24's, it wasn't by any means a BAD ride but I definitely didn't feel like I was "ridin' on glass" like when I had my factory 20's.

2) When you turn the steering wheel to take turns, you can feel how much heavier the wheels are and that takes away from the comfort of driving the vehicle.

3) Brakes just aren't as good when you have 24's+.... yes i know people will comment on this saying they have 24's and they don't need it. Yes, you definitely DON'T need it... but when slamming on your breaks if you REALLY had to stop in an emergency, I was not 100% confident in it. Also, you can definitely tell the brakes would wear out EXTRA fast... basically a BBK wasn't necessarily mandatory, but would def help if you had the 24's... with the 22's I feel 100% safe with the factory brakes. No BBK for me... I have other things I want before I spend 5k on brakes

4) Rubbing could've been solved by trimming (which I didn't want to do) or getting 295's... 305/35/24 was already minimal sidewall height so that wasn't happenning either... my solution was getting factory rims.

5) I enjoy the look of the factory GM 22's over after market anything.. unless I am running custom forged 3 piece wheels and a BBK, factory 22's are the biggest i'm going.

6) My GF and new baby due in September will eventually get this car and my my GF said the kmc slide 24's were 'ghetto' and 'gaudy'. Something I don't agree with but I won't be driving this car that much longer so I really don't care... she wanted the OEM 22's the minute she saw them and with all the factors listed above and her pushing me to get rid of the 24's eventually lead me to 22's.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but aside from that, why'd you get rid of them?

>joking!<

Wow. Well, see, you tend to think like I do about this. It's a snowball effect with the wheels and brakes and ride, etc. I don't know that I want to get into a brake kit, and I'd feel like I'd have to with 24"s.

And, I really don't want the ride to go to hell. It's really comfortable as it is.

Thanks for the info/insight!

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry Felix, after reading all that all I saw was "GF wears the pants and I did what she wanted.". LOL

Just giving you shit bro!