22 with air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

handstr

Reaction score
I have a 22 z71 with air suspension with 2500 miles . Yesterday the air ride started dropping and rising as I was driving down the road which it never does. Stopped at a light and the just the rear end dropped. Has this happened to anyone else.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they need to make these air suspensions supplement coil spring suspensions so when your air suspension fails, it doesn't look like some low-riding stance Honda Civic garbage.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 22 z71 with air suspension with 2500 miles . Yesterday the air ride started dropping and rising as I was driving down the road which it never does. Stopped at a light and the just the rear end dropped. Has this happened to anyone else.
Actually it does lower the vehicle 1" at highway speeds all the time. And it constantly works to be load leveling the vehicle. I really can't notice mine going up/down, but admittedly I've only been 650 miles so far. Did you have a load in the rear end at all?

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the magazine reviews (think it was Motor Trend) had a long term test and one of the comments was about the air suspension constantly adjusting while driving making the driver feel queasy. Can't say I've noticed anything on mine. With a trailer attached I think the air suspensions does a great job of keeping things level and stable.

The 1" drop at highway speeds seems like stop/start to me. There is probably a fractional mpg benefit for the added complexity.

geobern

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Yukon Denali with air suspension that had to have the front air springs replaced at 20,000 miles. We had to wait 2 weeks for part but the dealer fixed the level during the wait time and that worked fine. Got it back last Friday and it works now. Hope it holds.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on the fence regarding the air-ride system. I'm literally a week away from getting my Yukon AT4, and I have the option of deciding on two units. One with the suspension, and one without. The one with the suspension has a few more options than the other one, but it's not the color I want. While the other doesn't have the suspension, it does have one of my backup colors.

My question is whether or not it's worth it.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It rides fantastically. I'm not worried about it..it is warranty covered and I have an extended warranty which covers all components for as long as I'll own it. I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee that had it for 6 years and 100+k miles. worked flawlessly in all seasons.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its hit or miss i think. Some never have a problem, some are plagued with issues. Seems like a great system…as long as its working.

Have you read the thread with several rigs sitting at dealer lots with air suspension issues waiting for parts?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the air suspension thread i was talking about…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts