22 Tahoe/Google Speech error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lindsey77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Every time I start my car I have an error come up on my 2022 Chevy Tahoe infotainment screen. It says “Speech Services by Google…For your safety this utility isn’t available while driving. To continue wait until you’re in park.” How do I get rid of this? I have tried shutting off notifications and still no luck.

Attachments

• BB53C9FF-D986-40B2-95B9-F5FFF1FE84F4.jpeg
    BB53C9FF-D986-40B2-95B9-F5FFF1FE84F4.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 10

TXNJ

Reaction score
Every time I start my car I have an error come up on my 2022 Chevy Tahoe infotainment screen. It says “Speech Services by Google…For your safety this utility isn’t available while driving. To continue wait until you’re in park.” How do I get rid of this? I have tried shutting off notifications and still no luck.
I get this same message and I never put much thought into it until I read your post here. It is kind of annoying now that I think about it. I'm still very much learning how to use the infotainment system in general (it's a bit more complicated than the system I had in my '08 Accord).

Udetective

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue. Driving me nuts. I’ve tried everything.

BigdawgR6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this start after the last update on my 2022 Denali. Super annoying! What's even strange now is when I get in the car and turn the AC fan speed up, after a few seconds, it'll go back to low every single time. Again, this didn't start until after the recent update.

As for that error, I don't even hit the X button anymore, I just go straight to audio since pressing the X takes you too the main app screen.

martinajm

Reaction score
Mine also started after the last OTA update. I need to take the vehicle in in the next week or so (before I hit 36k miles) and am going to ask them to reinstall the software if possible.

I think that the AC fan speed is tied to this. My theory is that the microphone is activating, triggering the google speech error and the fan slowing down, as it is programmed to do when the microphone is active.

bmccarron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too was suffering from this. It was super annoying and was affecting my climate fan speed periodically and now it is hot so that was no bueno.

I went into settings - apps and permissions- show all apps - google assistant and then clicked disable. So far so good. I’ll report back if something changes! Give it a shot and let me know if it helps you