'22 RST Grill Peeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmill260

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I noticed this week that the black out film on the grill is bubbling and peeling off. I took it to my local dealer and they mentioned that this is the 4th one of they have seen in the last couple of weeks. They have sent pictures to GM to approve replacement but wanted to give you a heads up this could be a problem for anyone driving a '22 RST with the black out package.....

Picture20.jpgPicture19.jpg

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy at work w 22 Acadia rst same issue with grill

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep a friend of mine with an at4 truck a few years ago had the same issues.

habs225

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I noticed this week that the black out film on the grill is bubbling and peeling off. I took it to my local dealer and they mentioned that this is the 4th one of they have seen in the last couple of weeks. They have sent pictures to GM to approve replacement but wanted to give you a heads up this could be a problem for anyone driving a '22 RST with the black out package.....

View attachment 386430View attachment 386432
I have had the exact same issue with my 2022 Tahoe RST. The dealer has replaced twice already, anyone have a suggestion on how to protect the grill? The dealer tells me it's stone chips hitting the grill, but I argued that this appeared after I took to the car wash. Is it possible to apply some kind of coating to protect the grill? I can't begin to tell you the issues I have had with this vehicle since I purchased it. GM should focus and building a better product instead of trying to be a software company. I have owed GM products for over 25 Years, and still drive a 2015 ACadia with 340,000KM and still going strong.
Very disappointed with my 2022 Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beat Ta hoes