22 Denalis are getting de-featured?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wileybird03

Reaction score
Always great to see the $80k+ suv you held out n ordered is loosing options by the week! Hell I’d just bought one off the lot here if I’d known that month n half ago! Dealer here has couple slt n a baby max Denali for sale! (2 days ago)!‍♂️

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always great to see the $80k+ suv you held out n ordered is loosing options by the week! Hell I’d just bought one off the lot here if I’d known that month n half ago! Dealer here has couple slt n a baby max Denali for sale! (2 days ago)!‍♂️
That’s why I said a few posts back, it’s better to have a fully chipped 21 if you can search one out vs a 22….

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Defeaturing of the 2022 GM full size SUVs makes it worth it to wait for the refreshed 2022 Ford Expedition. It seems that GM is defeaturing and Ford is maintaining most features but just adding additional time for delivery. If I do buy an SUV in 2022, it would be an extra vehicle so I'm willing to wait for a later delivery than I am to settled for a defeatured vehicle at no real savings.

Skud

Reaction score
Its the ability of the head unit to interpret and display song titles, station information and even weather in a "3rd leg" channel while listening to AM/FM. Its pretty valuable if you listen to AM/FM.....
So that ability is something different called “RDS” and should not be affected.

HD radio is the receiving of over the air digital radio. It’s analogous to over the air HD TV.

Stations are allocated a certain frequency and there is “room” on the sides of their allocated spectrum to fit compressed digital signals. Often they will broadcast a digital version of the analog signal along with additional content on other “sub” channels. You can access these channels eg .1,.2,etc.

Sometimes when you’re on the fringe of the digital coverage you’ll notice that your radio will switch between the two. Personally, I find that annoying.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually we are both right.... And I quote...

By broadcasting digitally over traditional radio waves, a single frequency is now capable of delivering up to four stations of content in crystal clear sound. All you do is tune in to your favorite station and your HD Radio receiver will automatically lock in to the HD1 signal for that station. One notch over on the dial and you’re listening to entirely new content on the HD2 station. Additionally the digital signal provides on-screen information such as: album art, song info, traffic and weather.

So without it, you are losing some basic and nice features if you happen to still listen to AM/FM. I can't believe it needs a dedicated chip just to run this....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645