'22 Denali On Order (another data point)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Will they contact the dealer if there is a hold up up on anything I ordered?
They won't accept the order if something is on constraint. And the dealer knows what is on constraint.

The dealer should be telling you if something would hold up your order, not GM.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Dealers are worthless nowadays. You need to ask them the questions and be proactive. They are not going to be true salesmen and inform you with what is happening with your order or what adjustments need to be made to possibly have it fulfilled.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Dealers are worthless nowadays. You need to ask them the questions and be proactive. They are not going to be true salesmen and inform you with what is happening with your order or what adjustments need to be made to possibly have it fulfilled.

I feel most are. It’s an odd situation…they’re gonna sell these cars no matter what as quickly as they arrive. Some
must not feel it’s necessary to do the work and be proactive because they’re just wasting time they can spend elsewhere

Few go the extra mile.

But for the most part these salesman bounce around so you have to be lucky to find one who’s really looking to establish a relationship that can last years

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Obviously there are still some true salesmen, though few n far between, who know the value of a relationship to maintain their list of clientele for repeat orders, which goes a very long way to be successful in the auto sales game.

The two dealerships I have orders at, will not be receiving repeat business from me down the road if i ever have my order allocated/accepted (waiting since august/Sept at both). One dealership legit has had NO inventory on the lot and very limited allocations for ALL vehicles, and the order manager I am dealing with is completely clueless and does not seem to have knowledge of the way GM does their order processing/allocating. He probably only became a manager since the last one left due to this locations lack of inventory.

972sparky

Reaction score
I just placed my order a few weeks back. I did request the Max Tow Package. I checked today and order hasn't been picked up. Will they contact the dealer if there is a hold up up on anything I ordered? Hopefully, they will let me know so I have the option to forgo if necessary. When I ordered it they said GMC accepted the order but I had to take off Interior protection package. So that was no big deal.
Max Tow still on constraint, dropped from my order hoping it helps but not holding my breath at this point.

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
Ridiculous, ordered a Yukon XL Denali in November, not ordered yet. Once my dealer finally claims they have allocation for me constraints are stopping it. I gave up on the RSE, now it‘s the technology package they say. I can not find anything to back it up.

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
Now my dealer wants me to give up RSE, Technology Package, Max Tow, there is just not much left to give up. Says may or may not show up with heated seats, heated steering wheel, no live rear view mirror, maybe no air suspension. Hell, my 2010 has more options. Talked to GM on the phone yesterday and the lady that was helping me put me on hold then came back and said they would not tell her what was up with my order, the dealership had to call in, like secretive. She told me my order was accepted March 23rd, I told her I’ve have my order number since November. She also said 2023 ordering was closed, maxed out and dealers would only get 2 allocations a month. I guess I had better take what ever I can get at this point.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now my dealer wants me to give up RSE, Technology Package, Max Tow, there is just not much left to give up. Says may or may not show up with heated seats, heated steering wheel, no live rear view mirror, maybe no air suspension. Hell, my 2010 has more options. Talked to GM on the phone yesterday and the lady that was helping me put me on hold then came back and said they would not tell her what was up with my order, the dealership had to call in, like secretive. She told me my order was accepted March 23rd, I told her I’ve have my order number since November. She also said 2023 ordering was closed, maxed out and dealers would only get 2 allocations a month. I guess I had better take what ever I can get at this point.
GM announced no RSE to start 2023 orders and no adaptive cruise right now which is part of tech package along with that is rear camera mirror

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
That rear view mirror camera really jerks my chain. I have it in my new Ram and love it. I hate to get my wife’s Yukon without it. Things are obviously only going to get worse before they get better, I’m just going to drop the stuff and see if I still get the car.