'22 Denali On Order (another data point)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, short time lurker, first time poster.

TL;DR: Placed an order with the dealer on 2/17 with the Duramax on constraint, 3/10 dropped MTP, currently code 3000 TPW 4/11.

(update 4/4, moved to code 3400, still 4/11 TPW)

'22 Denali 4WD short wheel base
Duramax
Sunroof
Rear bench
Power side steps

Long version:

Currently have a '21 Yukon SLT with the Duramax and 22" wheels that we picked up when our previous truck came off lease last August. Paid $1,500 over being out of state after discounts. It was a customer order that backed out the night before. We didn't have much choice given the market and had to go with something sitting on the lot at any dealership within a reasonable drive. Denali's were still 5-10K over MSRP if they were in stock and never found one with a diesel. We're glad we "took a chance" on the diesel and its been a great family hauler. Since it's basically my wife's truck, she would sometime mention she wished it had the different dash layout, sunroof, surround camera, etc., so I asked the local dealer to give us trade in value on ours when it was in for an oil change back in February. They came back at $72K, so we immediately ordered up what we wanted. Got a call 3/10 from the dealer saying that GM would pick up the order if we dropped the max tow package. Since I already have a Curt bluetooth trailer brake controller, I didn't really mind that much. I only tow ~5,000lbs a half dozen times a year in the flat midwest, and haven't missed out on any of the extra features on the current truck. Dealer let us know we are currently sitting at TPW of 4/11. We have a long family trip coming up, so we hope they keep the trade in quote pretty close when the new truck comes in.

Last edited:

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing - is your dealer a large one that gets lots of allocations? That seems like a really fast turn around. There's a few other members here that are also saying their TPW's have moved "up" in the schedule so between their experiences and yours, it seems production is speeding up - provided your order is constraint free.

OP
OP
S

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think they are a high volume dealer that gets a ton of allocations, they are one of 7 dealers in a 45 minute radius of me. They happened to have one allocation for a Denali left when I placed the order in February, not sure if anyone jumped the line in the 3 weeks between order and Duramax allocation becoming available (they warned me if someone else wanted a gas Denali, they would jump me). I think I was just lucky.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good news for you; hope it works out for you and you get your rig before your family trip.

I placed my order for a diesel Denali maybe a week after yours and it was a no-go every week until I pulled the plug on the order to wait for a 23. Perhaps if I had dropped some options it would've gone through but I didn't want to make that sacrifice - it was I paying that much for the rig I wanted every last thing on it. We also have a 1000+ mile family trip planned for the summer, but it looks like it's gonna have to happen next year. We can wait a bit ... but it sure isn't fun. I suppose it increases the anticipation and joy when it finally happens; hope that's the case for you! There's probably a lot of us in that boat right now!

Matz

Reaction score
So glad some are getting orders processed. I ordered a Evergreen Gray Tahoe with the diesel , Luxury pkg and 20" wheels 8 weeks ago today. GM has not picked up the order as of last week. So I wait.

Last edited:

Yarosuav

Reaction score
My timeline so far: Ordered on 1/20 fully loaded Yukon Denali Duramax (minus the RSE).

Not sure when it was accepted, but TPW was 3/14, got produced during that week on schedule, and is currently on the train to dealer in NJ with ETA week of 4/4… We’ll see how that holds…

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In February I had considered ordering a Yukon with the Max Tow Package. The Dealer told me that there was a really long wait, if he could even get it at all. Wife and I decided to buy the Denali they had on the lot. We did not want to wait. We might order another Yukon configured exactly the way we want it, but fortunately we are not in any rush right now.

Dailypaints

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just placed my order a few weeks back. I did request the Max Tow Package. I checked today and order hasn't been picked up. Will they contact the dealer if there is a hold up up on anything I ordered? Hopefully, they will let me know so I have the option to forgo if necessary. When I ordered it they said GMC accepted the order but I had to take off Interior protection package. So that was no big deal.

2022TahoeRST

Reaction score
So glad some are getting orders processed. I ordered a Evergreen Gray Tahoe with the diesel , Luxury pkg and 20" wheels 8 weeks ago today. GM has not picked up the order as of last week. So I wait.
I’m on week 26, buckle up, it’s a long slow ride.

dkboggs

Reaction score
My timeline so far: Ordered on 1/20 fully loaded Yukon Denali Duramax (minus the RSE).

Not sure when it was accepted, but TPW was 3/14, got produced during that week on schedule, and is currently on the train to dealer in NJ with ETA week of 4/4… We’ll see how that holds…
Congratulations! Hope it works out for you. I ordered a Yukon xl Denali ultimate package on 1-9-22. My dealer is asking me to consider foregoing the ‘22 and order a ‘23 as my ‘22 most likely will not be accepted by GM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne