21 Denali Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Campingfamco

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

so I’m still learning the new car and I’ll be honest, this thing is more advanced than I’m used to for a car and I’m a huge tech guy. So here are my questions and yes, I’ve read the owners manual:

- I have my phone and my wife’s phone paired. My wife’s phone I keep unchecking the pair first and the connect to Bluetooth as secondary phone. When I get back in the car and start it up her phone connects automatically and mine keeps becoming secondary even though all of my settings are saved right. Any ideas?

- sensors in the front detect close objects but the camera doesn’t turn on until I’m right on the thing. Like inches away. Is there a way for the cameras to turn on as soon as objects are detected?

- when cruise control stops you behind a car at a red light and the engine shuts off, then the car in front goes I’ve noticed I have to hit the gas before the cruise will resume. Sometimes it seems to resume on its own. What’s the proper functionality supposed to be?

- what are normal transmission operating temps supposed to be? Just for future reference when towing. Ambient +?

- memory settings and the profile loaded when the vehicle starts are paired correct? They seem to be but it’s confusing why they have both options instead of creating profiles and remembering settings. It seems they could remove the hard memory buttons.

I’m pretty sure that’s it for now.
Thanks Guys!

Dave Mathews

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

so I’m still learning the new car and I’ll be honest, this thing is more advanced than I’m used to for a car and I’m a huge tech guy. So here are my questions and yes, I’ve read the owners manual:

- I have my phone and my wife’s phone paired. My wife’s phone I keep unchecking the pair first and the connect to Bluetooth as secondary phone. When I get back in the car and start it up her phone connects automatically and mine keeps becoming secondary even though all of my settings are saved right. Any ideas?

- sensors in the front detect close objects but the camera doesn’t turn on until I’m right on the thing. Like inches away. Is there a way for the cameras to turn on as soon as objects are detected?

- when cruise control stops you behind a car at a red light and the engine shuts off, then the car in front goes I’ve noticed I have to hit the gas before the cruise will resume. Sometimes it seems to resume on its own. What’s the proper functionality supposed to be?

- what are normal transmission operating temps supposed to be? Just for future reference when towing. Ambient +?

- memory settings and the profile loaded when the vehicle starts are paired correct? They seem to be but it’s confusing why they have both options instead of creating profiles and remembering settings. It seems they could remove the hard memory buttons.

I’m pretty sure that’s it for now.
Thanks Guys!
On the phone when you paired them there is a box to choose which phone is primary. Still not foolproof. Even though wife’s is primary, if I get in and start Tahoe and she gets in a little bit later the Bluetooth may have caught my phone first before she got in.

OP
OP
C

Campingfamco

Reaction score
On the phone when you paired them there is a box to choose which phone is primary. Still not foolproof. Even though wife’s is primary, if I get in and start Tahoe and she gets in a little bit later the Bluetooth may have caught my phone first before she got in.
We have that checked to my phone and on her phone we have all of the boxes unchecked other than apple car play. So her phone shouldn’t even connect as the secondary phone. It’s strange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE