2025 Infiniti QX80

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I saw pictures of the 2025 Infiniti QX80 today; it started me thinking this might be a legitimate alternative to the Yukon Denali. I am a little nervous about the reliability of a twin-turbo six though…Curious what others think?

PPK_

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nobody wants to buy a used turbo motor… my eco boost f150s have collapsed in value… after just a year. If you buy it be prepared to keep it.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as it doesn't have the CVT should be ok. Nissan/infiniti CVT is garbabe motors are fine. I think a lx570 is probably a better alternative.

OP
OP
C

chris s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the response.

My primary concerns are: real world fuel economy and reliability issues with a turbo charged engine. I agree the CVT would be a deal breaker - it looks like it gets a new 9-speed auto according to the Infiniti website.

I have heard of poor mileage and reliability for the Ecoboost and even the new Toyota Turbo Six has lower tested mileage.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the response.

My primary concerns are: real world fuel economy and reliability issues with a turbo charged engine. I agree the CVT would be a deal breaker - it looks like it gets a new 9-speed auto according to the Infiniti website.

I have heard of poor mileage and reliability for the Ecoboost and even the new Toyota Turbo Six has lower tested mileage.
Lexus should still have the v8 for the lx600 model nevermind last year was 2022 for the v8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts