2024 Tahoe Refresh design (unofficial)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they fix how low the rear control arms are to the ground??? I don’t see them drooping like an inch off the ground now, at least from the spy photo angles.
I don't think GM will touch those rear control arms for this generation. They are claiming it is the main ingredient for that 3rd row seat comfort.

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in this GM authority article they’re saying November 2023 to start building the refresh 2024, so is it more of a mid year refresh? Because I thought orders opened end of May and production started July for the 2023’s? So you would think the same for 2024’s.....?
B4BA25B8-7C9C-43A3-A80B-3DA14B8CFD8A.png

TXNJ

Reaction score
So in this GM authority article they’re saying November 2023 to start building the refresh 2024, so is it more of a mid year refresh? Because I thought orders opened end of May and production started July for the 2023’s? So you would think the same for 2024’s.....?
View attachment 386968
So this would make it seem like anyone looking to get the refreshed 2024 is probably looking at an actual delivery in 2024 (versus second half of 2023). I suppose you could get lucky and get one in very late 2023, but given production issues to date, I wouldn't bet anything on that outcome. For someone like me, who is already over six months in (and I know there are many who have been waiting longer), I would be probably looking at a total time frame from initial order to delivery of 2024 of 19-24 months. That's a lot of time to watch your current vehicle continue to depreciate while you hope and pray nothing major happens to it that requires a cash infusion to bridge that sizeable and expanding timing gap.
I'm sure the 2024 refresh will be nice and will be a better looking car with better functionality, but, for me, waiting an extra 9-12 months beyond the 4-5 more months I'm planning on waiting seems to be too much. My best guess is that I will get a call that my order has finally been picked up for production around the same time they are officially releasing the images and specs of the 2024 refresh. It will piss me off that I'm essentially buying something one step closer to obsoletion, but that's the breaks I guess. Unless I'm willing to wait that extra 9 months, I need to suck it up and move on.
I will make a bold prediction (it's not at all really bold) that the 2024 models will feature darker themes (not quite vader chrome, but something closer to it than the current models). I don't know if black wheels will continue on in their current form, but there seems to be a general shift towards less shine and more black accented by satin metals.

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a nice 2021 Tahoe right now and am fine waiting but we are interested in getting the longer version for future family trips. I would like to see what all 3 brands look like but I love the esky sport in white and that’s what I really want to save up for. But will give the burb and Denali xl looks as well.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bring back the fog lights….even if optional for mid-higher trim levels. I suthope they keep the amber contrasting turn signals.

Make a Driver Alert Package-Enhanced)…HUD at least available on Z71 and higher

Aside from that styling looks pretty close to current design which I like! Like enough to have a 21-22 AND 23 in just under 18 months..

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do we need a refresh already!? It looks great now!
I think GM wants to update the dash on the Tahoe, bigger screens seems to be what they think sells, tho I do like the interior of my 2022 Silverado I do not like the google software.

2018TahoeRST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I
I don't think GM will touch those rear control arms for this generation. They are claiming it is the main ingredient for that 3rd row seat comfort.
I heard GM cancelled the 24 refresh design - they were having electrical issues and it’s pushed back another year now. Anyone else hear anything?