2024 diesel allocation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttttttt unit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I placed an order for diesel LT Suburban in May 2023 and no news on allocation yet. Non-diesel units have been picked up and ordered. Seems like could be long wait for diesel, dealer (Dave Smith in Idaho) can’t provide any info on timing or how long i might be waiting.

Should i place another order with a large local dealer (Seattle) or just keep fingers crossed for my current order??

shadeandsound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It seems that a large dealer, or one that at least sells a cosiderable volume of these SUVs, would be where you want to order if you would like one sooner than later. I ordered a 2024 Yukon XL Denali with the 3.0L from a small dealer (Dealer 1) in October, who couldn't tell me if/when they would have an allocation, so then I ordered a second identical vehicle through a larger dealer (Dealer 2) in November that I know sold a fair amount of SUVs, and was part of a large, multi-location company.

That second dealer kept in touch and had a couple of allocations over the last few weeks, but couldn't get every feature I wanted due to constraints on certain options, so I let them go each time since I definitely want everything on it that I ordered. Out of nowhere, I got an email this week about my order being accepted, but this was from a dealer that I didn't even intend on ordering through (Dealer 3)--they simply made an error and submitted the order that I had them build and price for me in October before talking to either of the others, after some miscommunication after a staffing change.

So, given that without an allocation, the order could go several months without being accepted, you might have to order from multiple dealerships as I did--although I did not actually intend on having three different Yukons on order, that is what it seemed to take.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would constantly scour the incoming inventory, regionally and see what local dealers have coming in. If you specifically want one exactly the way you want it you’re in for a long wait. I was willing to take one that was 95% of what I wanted and caught it coming in on a carrier And it wasn’t spoken for yet. These are not easy to find but they are worth it. Sometimes you have to take a little less than what you want or take a few options you don’t want in order to walk out with a unit you’ll be happy with for many years .

SNWMBL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I placed an order for diesel LT Suburban in May 2023 and no news on allocation yet. Non-diesel units have been picked up and ordered. Seems like could be long wait for diesel, dealer (Dave Smith in Idaho) can’t provide any info on timing or how long i might be waiting.

Should i place another order with a large local dealer (Seattle) or just keep fingers crossed for my current order??

We placed an order for a 2023 Suburban LT 3.0 in July and have not heard a word. Dealer was up front and said it would likely be spring of 2024. I’m assuming our order will be changed to a 2024 and hopefully here before next summer.

yourmomsshlong

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up my 2024 Yukon XL Denali Ultimate Duramax. It showed up two weeks early. Go figure. I've only got 500 miles on it and it's averaging 24.8 mpg. It's pretty bad ass.

Alessandrolomb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We placed an order for a 2023 Suburban LT 3.0 in July and have not heard a word. Dealer was up front and said it would likely be spring of 2024. I’m assuming our order will be changed to a 2024 and hopefully here before next summer.
That seems like a lot of waiting. I assume the dealer can change the date again. I hate when things like this happen.

OP
OP
T

ttttttt unit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Figured i would post an update. After waiting about 8 months for my order to get picked up AND scouring chevy dot com inventory constantly, a few weeks ago i found a diesel suburban in transit to a dealer in Utah. It was specd out *exactly* like the ones i had ordered (LT, silver, diesel, luxury package but no sunroof, max tow). Called the utah dealer, negotiated out of all their dealer add ons, placed a deposit and once it came in and we verified payload capacity i wired them 50% down. flew from seattle to salt lake city to pick it up and drive it home. when i contacted my idaho dealer to cancel my first order order, turned out my allocation just come up *that day*, but they still refunded that deposit because i cancelled before they called me to let me know about my allocation. so it’s been a whirlwind but worth having the diesel suburban in my garage. yes it fits and yes the diesel is worth it. happy hunting and waiting to all- hang in there

SNWMBL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So we got notified by the dealer a couple days ago that they had a single allocation for a base model Suburban, we declined. Then was contacted again today and notified they received another single allocation, this time for an RST. We originally went with the LT to save some money and we didn’t care about the 22’s. Not thrilled about the price increase over the LT but considering the lack of inventory we figured if we wait another 6 months and the LT’s go up in price again then we’ll regret not having gone with the RST. They certainly aren’t getting any cheaper. Oh well, the adaptive cruise control will be nice.

2024 Suburban RST, silver sage metallic
3.0 Duramax
Luxury Package
2nd row bucket seats
Max tow package

Dealer said we should see it sometime in May or June.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured i would post an update. After waiting about 8 months for my order to get picked up AND scouring chevy dot com inventory constantly, a few weeks ago i found a diesel suburban in transit to a dealer in Utah. It was specd out *exactly* like the ones i had ordered (LT, silver, diesel, luxury package but no sunroof, max tow). Called the utah dealer, negotiated out of all their dealer add ons, placed a deposit and once it came in and we verified payload capacity i wired them 50% down. flew from seattle to salt lake city to pick it up and drive it home. when i contacted my idaho dealer to cancel my first order order, turned out my allocation just come up *that day*, but they still refunded that deposit because i cancelled before they called me to let me know about my allocation. so it’s been a whirlwind but worth having the diesel suburban in my garage. yes it fits and yes the diesel is worth it. happy hunting and waiting to all- hang in there
I had a similar story - had an order in with an Idaho dealer, waited almost a year and found what I wanted in Spokane. One way morning flight out of PDX and got home in our new Yukon XL diesel later that evening. It was a great experience all around and although I don’t plan on buying any other cars in the near future, I’d totally do it again if I could.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019