2023 Z71 Tahoe Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

obammons

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After waiting over 3 months to have my new Tahoe delivered, it got to the dealership today. At 5:00, they called to tell me I could not pick it up because there was a “flash recall.” I don’t even know what that is but they’ve already fixed the recall. GM won’t release the vehicle until everything goes through their computer system. I tried to research 2023 recalls and can’t find any. Is this a simple thing or no? Anybody know? I was assured that GM was working on it. Hoping when the dealership opens tomorrow the glitch or whatever the hold up is will be fixed.
Anyone else experience this???

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recall
  • N222386380
General Motors has decided that certain 2020 – 2023 model year Cadillac CT4 and CT5 vehicles; 2021 – 2023 model year Buick Envision vehicles; and 2022 – 2023 model year Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Suburban, and Tahoe, and GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles, fail to conform, in part, to S7.10.5 of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108, “Lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment.” The daytime running lamps (DRLs) may not deactivate when the headlamps are on, as required by S7.10.5, Table I-a. of FMVSS 108.

Safety Risk Description:

If the DRLs do not deactivate when the headlamps are on, the resulting glare could increase the risk of a crash.

Repair Description:

General Motors will update the software in the vehicles’ Body Control Module (BCM) to correct the condition. Owners who have accepted applicable terms and conditions will have the opportunity to accept these software changes using wireless over-the-air (OTA) technology without having to bring their vehicle to a dealership. Alternatively, owners may have their vehicle serviced at a GM dealer to receive these software updates

mine’s going in for it next week along with transmission (fluid) update to fix shudder.

Last edited:

vwfast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recall
  • N222386380
General Motors has decided that certain 2020 – 2023 model year Cadillac CT4 and CT5 vehicles; 2021 – 2023 model year Buick Envision vehicles; and 2022 – 2023 model year Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Suburban, and Tahoe, and GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles, fail to conform, in part, to S7.10.5 of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108, “Lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment.” The daytime running lamps (DRLs) may not deactivate when the headlamps are on, as required by S7.10.5, Table I-a. of FMVSS 108.

Safety Risk Description:

If the DRLs do not deactivate when the headlamps are on, the resulting glare could increase the risk of a crash.

Repair Description:

General Motors will update the software in the vehicles’ Body Control Module (BCM) to correct the condition. Owners who have accepted applicable terms and conditions will have the opportunity to accept these software changes using wireless over-the-air (OTA) technology without having to bring their vehicle to a dealership. Alternatively, owners may have their vehicle serviced at a GM dealer to receive these software updates

mine’s going in for it next week along with transmission (fluid) update to fix shudder.
What's the "transmission (fluid) update to fix shudder." Assuming that's the issue that occurs just before stopping and speed is between 8-15mph?

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
They’ll recall for DRLs that don’t turn themselves off even though law enforcement doesn’t even pull people over for high beams anymore and 10+% of drivers are either too stupid to know what the blue indicator on the dash is or self obsessed to be bothered turning them off.

We’d be safer if dealers recalled everything they get and just removed the high beam bulbs and most of the above wouldn’t figure out they were missing.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure glad I don't drive at night these days. Some of these headlights, and for sure, those add on LED flash bulb lamps are really hard to take on our rural roads . It doesn't help when the headlamps are 6 feet above the road too.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’ll recall for DRLs that don’t turn themselves off even though law enforcement doesn’t even pull people over for high beams anymore and 10+% of drivers are either too stupid to know what the blue indicator on the dash is or self obsessed to be bothered turning them off.

We’d be safer if dealers recalled everything they get and just removed the high beam bulbs and most of the above wouldn’t figure out they were missing.
After I got this recall notice; I started watching. If GM is violating, so is Ford, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, etc. Every single vehicle with these “light pipe” type DRL’s has them on with the headlights.

The recall is clear about which federal motor vehicle lighting standard is being violated. GM is not incorrect, they are violating; but so is every other manufacturer.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score

We’d be safer if dealers recalled everything they get and just removed the high beam bulbs and most of the above

Way more than 10%. Major problem is not necessarily with the vehicle and ALL about vehicle owners these day forget the basics and rely totally on technology.

How many times do you see DRL’s on without any rear lights? Going one step further…..How many with no external lighting period?

Simplest explanation is as long as they can see the dashboard lights drivers expect manufacturers to take care of the rest…..They do…DRL’s………

To a certain extent I can see both sides of the argument……

Manufacturers: Should they be required to program ALL external lighting to the “AUTO” function. I personally say YES.

With that said, I also believe the owners have to be more understanding of even basic automotive systems…..you have the ultimate responsibility for safe operation of the vehicle…..making sure that you can be seen in ALL weather conditions is part of that responsibility…

If your to ignorant or even worse, too caring about other people’s safety and lives………

Probably shouldn’t be driving period.

Too many drivers get over reliant on technology instead of knowing the basics when technology fails!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How many times do you see DRL’s on without any rear lights? Going one step further…..How many with no external lighting period?

Simplest explanation is as long as they can see the dashboard lights drivers expect manufacturers to take care of the rest…..They do…DRL’s………

To a certain extent I can see both sides of the argument……

Manufacturers: Should they be required to program ALL external lighting to the “AUTO” function. I personally say YES.

With that said, I also believe the owners have to be more understanding of even basic automotive systems…..you have the ultimate responsibility for safe operation of the vehicle…..making sure that you can be seen in ALL weather conditions is part of that responsibility…

If your to ignorant or even worse, too caring about other people’s safety and lives………

Probably shouldn’t be driving period.

Too many drivers get over reliant on technology instead of knowing the basics when technology fails!

I think they should program the DRLs to NOT illuminate at night, not necessarily making all lights AUTO. But I agree that the lighted dash tends to make the driver assume that the appropriate lighting is on. I see this just about every time I'm out driving at night.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d almost expect these cars, especially the $$ Denalis/Escalades would have adaptive low beam lighting. I get flashed a lot at night. it’s probably the height difference. Europe light years ahead with approving/implementing this.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a bit naive on this one.... If I'm driving, how do I know if DRLs are on or my regular headlights? Assuming sunny weather, mid afternoon. Is there a sign/icon on the dashboard?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518