2023 Yukon XL Ultimate Waze no sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimsYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have Waze installed on my phone and also downloaded the App onto my infotainment system of vehicle. Waze does work as far as directions go but there is no voice giving the directions, you have to look at the screen to know where to turn. The voice does come on for telling you police or vehicle on shoulder up ahead but will not verbally voice the directions. I also deleted Waze on the vehicle and phone then reinstalled, same problem. Any ideas ?

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Waze installed on my phone and also downloaded the App onto my infotainment system of vehicle. Waze does work as far as directions go but there is no voice giving the directions, you have to look at the screen to know where to turn. The voice does come on for telling you police or vehicle on shoulder up ahead but will not verbally voice the directions. I also deleted Waze on the vehicle and phone then reinstalled, same problem. Any ideas ?
You need to select the sound source Android Auto or Carplay.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to select the sound source Android Auto or Carplay.
No, he is running waze native on the infotainment unit, not on AA/CarPlay, that is what he said in his original post.
I believe I do get sound on my native running Waze, but have not used it much, because it is so sluggish...I will try it on the way home from work tonight and report back.

Suggest maybe you have navigation volume turned way down...can you hear voice advice from the built in google maps?

OP
OP
J

JimsYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for my delayed response but I deleted my phone waze app then also deleted it from the Yukon. Made sure I had good wifi hooked up at my house then downloaded the waze app again to the Yukon. Voila, now everything seems to work properly ! It did seem to take a very long time to download originally but this time it went quickly. Thanks to those who replied. Oh, Also the volume was obviously turned up as it told me where cops were and hazards. I guess it didn't download properly the 1st time.

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an option in Waze to have Sound On, Sound Off or Alerts only. Perhaps Alerts Only was selected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879