New Denali XL Ultimate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gohigh54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

New member and took delivery of my 2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate about two weeks ago. Ordered in December 2022.

Overall, I think this is a great vehicle. Thing rides like a dream and is very comfortable. I am very happy with the purchase but there are some definite misses for a $100k+ SUV though. Here is my list so far.

Misses:
1) Not finishing the painting under the hood is a huge miss. Several structural members are primed white/beige with black overspray on them. (Seems to mostly affect black trucks?)
2) Google is heavily integrated into the infotainment system. Ability to control privacy is non-existent. Google makes it worse.
3) No options for third row floor mats in the Ultimate Alpine Umber. (Ultimate mat colors/pattern)
4) Automatic wipers seem to be over or under wiping when compares to other cars I own/drive.
5) There is a selectable default setting for HVAC Auto fan as H/M/L. Guess Auto does not mean Auto?
6) Seat Heat turns on automatically when it is in the 60s outside air temp. Not way to adjust when the auto seats/wheel heat turns on. Default temp is way too high for me.

Keith

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

New member and took delivery of my 2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate about two weeks ago. Ordered in December 2022.

Overall, I think this is a great vehicle. Thing rides like a dream and is very comfortable. I am very happy with the purchase but there are some definite misses for a $100k+ SUV though. Here is my list so far.

Misses:
1) Not finishing the painting under the hood is a huge miss. Several structural members are primed white/beige with black overspray on them. (Seems to mostly affect black trucks?)
2) Google is heavily integrated into the infotainment system. Ability to control privacy is non-existent. Google makes it worse.
3) No options for third row floor mats in the Ultimate Alpine Umber. (Ultimate mat colors/pattern)
4) Automatic wipers seem to be over or under wiping when compares to other cars I own/drive.
5) There is a selectable default setting for HVAC Auto fan as H/M/L. Guess Auto does not mean Auto?
6) Seat Heat turns on automatically when it is in the 60s outside air temp. Not way to adjust when the auto seats/wheel heat turns on. Default temp is way too high for me.

Keith
Isn't the carpet black, and thus the black floor mats/liners would be the right ones?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most OEMs are spraying as little paint as possible (saving cost) - maybe you'll find better paint coverage on a "true" luxury brand, but you have to remember this is in essence a ~$60K SUV, with options that take it up to $100K mark. Whether it's an SLE or an Ultimate, they're all going through the same paint booth...

I created a junk Gmail account and used it to sign-in. Beyond that, I ALWAYS use Apple CarPlay so the Google thing doesn't really bother me (other than the never ending software bugs).

Auto wipers were a one and done for me - I'm using them just like regular intermittent wipers I've used for the past decades of driving. No complaints.

The setting for AUTO fan is to how sensitive do you want it to be. If you want it to blow like crazy, pick high, etc. etc.

I don't have heated seats in mine, but isn't there an option to not have them turn on automatically?

Last edited:

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there is an option in settings to just leave the heated seats turned off. And pictures of the new ride?!? You know the rules here!

Macrez21

Reaction score
Hello all,

Misses:

Keith
I agree about the google based infotainment system. That was also another motivatinng factor to take advantage of apple car play while gm still has it available. More than likely this will be the last run of apple carplay vehicles

OP
OP
Gohigh54

Gohigh54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Isn't the carpet black, and thus the black floor mats/liners would be the right ones?
Capet is black, but the Ultimate comes with mats as shown in the picture. You are just left with carpet in the rear. I ordered a Lloyd's black mat, but would have been nice if they had one included.

Attachments

• 84849937-1.jpg
    84849937-1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
Gohigh54

Gohigh54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree about the google based infotainment system. That was also another motivatinng factor to take advantage of apple car play while gm still has it available. More than likely this will be the last run of apple carplay vehicles
Please do not think that Car Play protects you. Try turning off Android location which causes most Google stuff to go away, but Car Play does not work.

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
7) No Digital FM tuner for the radio
Post a pic!!

I agree with your google hate, I've had a hell of a time with it but I think I finally stopped it prompting me to login and look at their settings etc... There are a few good videos on youtube, but essentially you need to find the google assistant program and turn it off and disable it. Then you will later have to acknowledge some setting stuff, but can set turn the option to send them your data. They have other options but they didn't let me actually pick them, which was annoying. Car play works with these settings disabled as well, my wife uses it.

The car is great, google taking it over sucks 100%.

Again, post some photos!

Macrez21

Reaction score
Please do not think that Car Play protects you. Try turning off Android location which causes most Google stuff to go away, but Car Play does not work.
Oh i absolutely agree with you that car play does not protect us. Nothing is a private any more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts