2023 Yukon Spare Tire Upside Down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

downtheroadar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went to check the air in my wife's Yukon spare and it is upside down. Which means no one has put air in it in 14 months since we have gotten it.

Has anyone else have their spare upside down so that the air valve is unreachable ?

Thanks

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine same way, but you can get to it to check if you use a dual headed tire gauge.

1698085395291.png

And I was able to add air using the schrader valve on my small air compressor.
1698085530812.png

I always thought it would be a really good sevice at a shop that does Oil Changes if they would also check and adjust pressure in the spare...this level of service seems to have escaped most modern car service shops...

OP
OP
D

downtheroadar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
"I always thought it would be a really good sevice at a shop that does Oil Changes if they would also check and adjust pressure in the spare...this level of service seems to have escaped most modern car service shops..."

No doubt about that - reasonable service escapes all services any more.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m 60yrs old and have never once thought about checking the air pressure in my spare. Thanks for giving me something else to worry about!
I never cared either, until that one time 5 years ago I had a flat on the road and the spare tire pressure was at about 16 PSI.

Now I crawl under my rig about every 3 months and check the pressure on it...
Wifey's Honda has no spare, it has a can of fix a flat and a 12V air compressor...which, in the instance I mentioned above, would have been preferable to the under (not) inflated spare...

PSA: Another suggestion, for any of you living up here where we salt the roads...actually lower the spare from its winch every fall and coat the cable and the winch good w/ some spray lithium grease. If you don't, after about 5 years of ownership, that winch is rusted up and won't move (ask me how I know: same case 5 years ago...ultimately hit the blue OnStar button and let the poor tow truck driver crawl under there and cut the winch cable, swap the tire, and send the bill to GM :cool:).

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While we are on the subject of spare tires does anyone have advice or helpful hints about how to get the little cover off where you put in the tool to lower the spare? I have not tried it yet and I am afraid of scratching it or breaking it. It is easier than it looks?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While we are on the subject of spare tires does anyone have advice or helpful hints about how to get the little cover off where you put in the tool to lower the spare? I have not tried it yet and I am afraid of scratching it or breaking it. It is easier than it looks?
Trim tool or a dime...it pops off pretty easy.