2023 Yukon: Can you lock doors with engine running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RIZE_UP

Reaction score
I went the keypad route. Lock doors with push of buttons and walk away with it running. Dogs stay cool and don't have to dig out keyfob.

Keypad post

lakerat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what is a keypad? I need to do the same thing with my 2023 yukon. thanks

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think there is a way to override the auto shutoff when you lock doors when the engine is running. It is probably tied into the remote start system and uses that timer if you leave it running and then lock the doors. There may be a way, i just dont know how.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Showing results for 2021 yukon disable idle shut off
Search instead for 2021 yukon disable idle shutt off

Search Results​

Featured snippet from the web​

Disabling the feature is accomplished by pressing and holding the engine/vehicle start button until the driver information center displays the message “automatic shutdown off.”

RIZE_UP

Reaction score
what is a keypad? I need to do the same thing with my 2023 yukon. thanks
Once you purchase keypad, you have to take to dealership, give them the card and they have to request a file from GM. Once the vin specific file is built, gm sends to dealer. Took 8 days for GM to send file to my little dealership. Once they got the file, they loaded it up, downloaded it into my suburban, and we stuck the keypad on the window door frame. Programming/downloading to the subruban took less than 5 min. Works great. I put my own code in, took about 2 min following instructions.

No instructions on use were given.
This is what I have learned playing with it
Touching 7/8 & 9/0 (bottom two buttons) locks doors when you get out shut door, engine running. Will run as long as it has fuel I guess. I have left my for several hours and didn't turn off. You don't have to take key fob out of pocket. To unlock you can enter code or just touch the handle button to unlock.

Entering your code unlocks.
Entering your code and pressing 7/8 button 4 times opens rear door. Press 7/8 4 times will close door.
Entering code and pressing 5/6 button 4 times opens the rear glass hatch.
So far that's all I can remember.

I use it daily, getting out and locking doors to go in places. Leave dogs in there with A/C blasting, and wifi is still running, so I can view my web cam to check on things, while out and about

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st