2023 Yukon: Can you lock doors with engine running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingAK55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought the wifey a 2023 Yukon AT4 and she is wondering how to lock the doors after exiting the vehicle while the engine is running? I'm not sure if its a safety feature, but if its a setting that can be changed, any advice would be appreciated! Thank you :)

Last edited:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the doors automatically lock when all the doors are closed, then engine is running, and the vehicle is shifted out of park.

You can hit the lock button on the door panel if you want to lock before the auto lock. Check "Door Locks" section of your owners manual...probably about page 16.

Manual says "automatic door locking cannot be disabled. Automatic door unlocking can be programmed. See Vehicle Personalization"
The personalization settings are on page 101 I think. Net is you can set the unlock to be Off, Driver Door, or All Doors.

OP
OP
K

KingAK55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, the doors automatically lock when all the doors are closed, then engine is running, and the vehicle is shifted out of park.

You can hit the lock button on the door panel if you want to lock before the auto lock. Check "Door Locks" section of your owners manual...probably about page 16.
I'm so sorry, huge oversight on my part. I want to know about locking the vehicle when she gets out, but wants to keep engine running (for the pup).

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check Page 16, and into Page 17...under lockout protection; Suggest holding down the lock switch on the inside door panel, next to the door release handle...or possibly on the fob, not sure...screen shot below.

1660753864488.png

Tom-M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use the keyfob to lock the doors after I get out and leave the engine running.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
same procedure you would do for auto-starting, when you autostart the doors should lock by default if they are not locked already

OP
OP
K

KingAK55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
same procedure you would do for auto-starting, when you autostart the doors should lock by default if they are not locked already
Yea her work around has been to turn car off, lock, and then remote start it. I havent had much time to play with the vehicle since we got it.

OP
OP
K

KingAK55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use the keyfob to lock the doors after I get out and leave the engine running.
Hm ok. Maybe she is doing something wrong. Will get a chance later today to check it out.

aboss3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I always use the key fob on my 22 and it locks the doors. Keep in mind the engine will shut down after 15 min with keys outside of the vehicle, and a bit longer if you’re inside with the keys (but then cannot lock it :) ).

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can disable the shut off by holding the push to start button when you start the truck. And I use the key fob to lock the door and want to run the engine. Same reason too. For my dogs and fullA/C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts