2023 Yukon 3.0 Duramax Denali XL Order Timeline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pruittatl

Reaction score
Hello friends! I've been following along on this forum for the past few months and a big shout out to @DuraYuk for the dealership and sales person recommendation here in ATL. I am planning on keeping this thread updated as new updates come in for my 2023 Yukon 3.0 Duramax Denali XL (Lots of words there) build as my order has finally been accepted by GM this week! Hopefully this gives some folks a general idea on how long it takes for this type of order to be built and delivered.

Build Details:
2023 Yukon XL
Drive Type: 4WD
Trim: Denali
Engine: 3.0L Duramax Turbo Diesel
Color: Sterling Metallic
Interior Color: Jet Black
Packages: Max Trailering Package (I had to remove this from the build as the dealership told me it was the only thing currently on constraint and holding GM up from accepting the order)
Exterior Options: Power-retractable assist steps, Adaptive Air Ride Suspension (had to remove AARS as the Max Trailering Package is required for AARS)
Interior Options: Power-release second row 60/40 split-folding bench seat

Timeline:

1-6-2023: Order and deposit placed with the dealership
2-9-2023: Order officialy accepted by GM (Event Code 2000)

Whitt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It will be interesting to compare our timelines.

Build Details;
2023 Yukon XL
Color: Sterling Metallic
Interior Color: Light Shale
Advanced Technology Package
Sunroof
Power Assist Steps
Rear Seat Media System
A few other options
Wanted Adaptive Air Ride Suspension and Electronic Slip Differential
but these two options require 22” wheels, which I do not want.

Timeline;
Early August, 2022, Original order for a 2022 Yukon XL Denali
Order was enevtually changed by the dealer to a 2023 MY vehicle
21OC2022 the Event Description is 1100 - Preliminary Order
17DE2022 the Event Description is 1100 per GMC Chat
30DE2022 the Event Description is 2030 per GMC Chat
20JA2023 The event description is 2078 per GMC Chat
23JA2023 the event code is 2700 per dealer
Changed color from White Tricoat to Sterling Mettalic
Changed engine from 6.2L gas to 3.0L diesel
27JA2023 the event code is 3000 per GMC Chat

Last edited:

bk_Dmax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Currently placed an order this week with the dealer. 2023 Yukon XL Denali w/ 3.0 duramax, White Frost, Jet black interior and the Denali Reserve package. Was told reserve and advance tech package on constraints until April or so. Not really willing to compromise on features at this point so playing the waiting game. Hopefully get an order accepted in March/April when/if constraints drop.

Anyone hear any updates on 2024 release details?

JStrause2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Build Details;
2023 Yukon XL
Color: Originally Hunter Metallic (discontinued), now Redwood Metallic
Interior Color: Dark Ash Gray/Walnut
Sunroof
Power Assist Steps
Adaptive Air Ride Suspension
Max Tow Package

Timeline:
11-29-2021: Order placed with the dealership
1-20-2023: Finally received allocation
1-21-2023: Back to waiting for allocation without Supercruise

Good luck with yours. I finally got my allocation after waiting for 14 months. However, when I got my allocation, GMC was forcing all the Denali allocations to include the Supercruise package, which also forces the rear seat media. All of that adds $5500 for a bunch of stuff we do not want. I said no thanks, so now we are waiting again for an allocation without Supercruise being forced. My dealer indicated that GMC is having a hard time selling the Supercruise and most of the orders he has are for people that specifically do not want Supercruise.

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
Supercruise is awesome. Rear seat screens are next to worthless. I wanted SC w/o RSE, but that wasn’t possible to order.

Good luck with your order. Don’t know where you’re located, but Laura Buick GMC is moving a lot of Yukons. Ask for Danny G and let him know Derek sent you.

2023 Yukon XL Denali 4WD with 3.0 diesel, advanced tech, premium capability package, max trailering, adaptive cruise, super cruise, power side steps, and 2nd row bench.
2/6/21-Initial order with local dealer
10/12/22-Placed order with Laura Buick GMC
11/11/22-status code 2000
11/16/22-status code 3000
12/12/22-status code 3300
12/19/22-status code 3400 TPW=1/2/23
1/7/23-status code 3800 and VIN available from dealer
1/10/23-status code 4300 and window sticker available
1/18/23-status code 5000

Whitt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
JStraus2001, I feel your pain. I think GMC has made multiple errors in the way they have configured the options on the Yukon. They are leaving money on the table by trying to force things many might not want and excluding things that could be more attractive if bundled differently or offered as free flow options. At some point greed is not good for the financial bottom line. I understand the need to limit build complexity, but I would think the ultimate corporate goal is to make money.

OP
OP
pruittatl

pruittatl

Reaction score
I agree with that. It was frustrating not being able to get certain options because they “Had” to be in a package that came with stuff we didn’t want or need.

JStrause2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Agreed, and it doesn't make sense when there's a shortage of chips to force people to take packages that require more chips.

I am a little baffled by GMs order/allocation system, which I know has been discussed a lot here. It seems like they could benefit from the KISS (keep it simple stupid) concept. I'm not sure whay they can't just use a system that when you place an order, that's your spot in the Yukon line. When your number comes up, they build it the way you ordered. This is the 5th new vehicle I've ordered (1st from GM), and this is definitely the most convoluted process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt