2023 Tahoe Premier Does Not List DFM on the window sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loving the fact my dealer includes a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty on every new and used vehicle w/ 80k miles on it or less. Its got a lot of exclusions, but it does cover "Internally Lubricated Parts."
Ther is a dealer here in FL that advertises the same thing, but in fine print it says you have to change your oil WITH THEM every 3k miles or warranty is void. You can bet if any dealer offers a lifetime warranty on anything, there is sure to be a catch that you won't qualify for...

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ther is a dealer here in FL that advertises the same thing, but in fine print it says you have to change your oil WITH THEM every 3k miles or warranty is void. You can bet if any dealer offers a lifetime warranty on anything, there is sure to be a catch that you won't qualify for...
I’ve read my contract. It only says must be maintained according to the mfg maintenance schedule.

Net of how this dealer implements this is they buy a “lot pack” where they pay a service contract company to purchase this “warranty” for each and every vehicle they sell. My only “catch” is there is a $100 deductible for repairs anywhere but at the purchasing dealer, where it’s No deductible.

stevedonato

Reaction score
Loving the fact my dealer includes a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty on every new and used vehicle w/ 80k miles on it or less. Its got a lot of exclusions, but it does cover "Internally Lubricated Parts."
I say it dosen't matter if it has a lifetime wrranty, if it always brakes nobody wants them.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say it dosen't matter if it has a lifetime wrranty, if it always brakes nobody wants them.
Well, given that GM pretty much sold every full sized truck, full sized SUV it could make in 2022 and demand remains pretty strong on the Full Size SUVs into 2023...either they don't all break, or people want them anyway...

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tired of peope conflating the faulty lifter issue (supplier problem) with ALL of GM's engine issues. Have there been early lifter failures? That's painfully obvious, but it is by far NOT the normal. This is NOT the same thing as the '21 faulty lifter from the factory. Period.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cleaned up this thread and deleted a lot of posts.

No selling of ANYTHING here.

Warning sent out to the one poster doing it.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I remind everyone, even on the trucks and SUVS that did not have DFM due to the "chip shortage" that the lifters were identical to DFM lifters. It was only the electronics that were missing to control them otherwise. Your motor wasn't technically less failure prone, although I do hear that the lifters typically fail in the "deactivated" mode - correct me if I am wrong, though.

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I remind everyone, even on the trucks and SUVS that did not have DFM due to the "chip shortage" that the lifters were identical to DFM lifters. It was only the electronics that were missing to control them otherwise. Your motor wasn't technically less failure prone, although I do hear that the lifters typically fail in the "deactivated" mode - correct me if I am wrong, though.
You are correct. There were still failures reported on those built without DFM on the truck forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu