2023 Tahoe Premier battery issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked all the lights? Interior? Rear glass. Not lift gate. Is it closed. id also look at the switches that are at the doors, hood, and lift gate Maybe they’re not closing the circuit that activates the lights alarm etc.
I had a bad switch in an older car from a non factory installed alarm system that caused a drain.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

You could perform your own parasitic draw test, if you were so inclined. Lots of YouTube videos on it, as well as some good info posted in TYF threads. Just use the search feature, search "parasitic draw" and peruse.

jeffluan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. They did check that the third time. I’m thinking it may be my garage door opener. I tried programming it to my car but it wasn’t working. Wonder if it’s trying to connect.
I see a lot of cars that don't utilize the HomeLink feature. Take the time to read on how to program your car. Sometimes the door needs to start completely as a new device. It's pretty simple to do. I doubt your door is still trying to program though.

OP
OP
R

RK Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. I have been able to program my previous Tahoes but this one will not connect. I have tried multiple times but will try again. And yes, I did read the manual to see if anything had changed from my 2020 Tahoe.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I have been able to program my previous Tahoes but this one will not connect. I have tried multiple times but will try again. And yes, I did read the manual to see if anything had changed from my 2020 Tahoe.
I would experiment and see what is waking it up, just carry one thing with you at a time as you pass by the vehicle until you find what it is and go from there. if you suspect the garage door opener and it's not programming properly that could be the culprit, maybe the module on the truck is funky. have the dealer flash it or test it, replace it etc,

OP
OP
R

RK Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, just now seeing this question. I started experiencing problems two weeks after driving off the lot. It was good for two weeks and then the battery was dead again. After that it was every other day and then every day.

So, this time it lasted exactly a week. It has a new battery-the third new one. It was dead on Friday morning so I jumped it off. I decided to park outside on Friday night. It started right up on Saturday. I parked it in the garage last night and got a low battery alert at 3am. It seems that there is something in my garage draining my battery. Could it be the garage door opener? Parking outside is not a viable solution.

marktrafton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, just now seeing this question. I started experiencing problems two weeks after driving off the lot. It was good for two weeks and then the battery was dead again. After that it was every other day and then every day.

So, this time it lasted exactly a week. It has a new battery-the third new one. It was dead on Friday morning so I jumped it off. I decided to park outside on Friday night. It started right up on Saturday. I parked it in the garage last night and got a low battery alert at 3am. It seems that there is something in my garage draining my battery. Could it be the garage door opener? Parking outside is not a viable solution.
Park it inside of your garage and after you have closed the garage door opener. unplug the power cord from the wall/ceiling and see how that does for a day or two. It the problem goes away, plug it back in and see if it returns. If it does you may have found the issue or at least something that is a part of the problem.

OP
OP
R

RK Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Park it inside of your garage and after you have closed the garage door opener. unplug the power cord from the wall/ceiling and see how that does for a day or two. It the problem goes away, plug it back in and see if it returns. If it does you may have found the issue or at least something that is a part of the problem.
Thank you! Quick update-my battery died again after unplugging the garage door opener. Took it back to the dealership and told them I didn’t want it back until they pinpoint the problem. After being there for 3 days, the battery died. Unfortunately the clamps attaching the computer to my car failed so they are still trying to pinpoint the problem. I will keep you all posted!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoshi101