2023 Tahoe High Country - Phone won't stay saved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skeezer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have trouble with saving a user profile or even saving their phone to stay connected via bluetooth via Android Auto?
I bought a brand new '23 High Country and I have to manually connect every time I get go to drive.
Not sure what's going on here. Anyone deal with this type of problem?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't save that either. Every time I start the truck it sets be back up as guest.
Ok, THIS is your problem...explains all the issues above.

Almost sounds like the dealer never had you make the setup phone call to OnStar? Did you do your OnStar welcome call when you bought it?
Hit the OnStar button and tell them what you are seeing.

OP
OP
S

skeezer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, THIS is your problem...explains all the issues above.

Almost sounds like the dealer never had you make the setup phone call to OnStar? Did you do your OnStar welcome call when you bought it?
Hit the OnStar button and tell them what you are seeing.
We did the OnStar call before I left the dealer.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did the OnStar call before I left the dealer.
Ok, in that case, I would go back to dealer, sit with the service advisor/tech and show them whats going on.

Otherwise, I would suggest resetting the Head Unit to its factory defaults and going through the setup prompts again...... can't remember where it is..but something like Settings --> System --> Reset?

Do this at home, vehicle running, in driveway.

OP
OP
S

skeezer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, in that case, I would go back to dealer, sit with the service advisor/tech and show them whats going on.

Otherwise, I would suggest resetting the Head Unit to its factory defaults and going through the setup prompts again...... can't remember where it is..but something like Settings --> System --> Reset?

Do this at home, vehicle running, in driveway.
Thanks for the help!

brucesmays

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2021 Tahoe started doing the same thing last week after the software update GM pushed out over the air. A few days later google updated the Android Auto app, and the problem solved itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts