2023 Tahoe - Emergency Vehicle Programming Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good Evening!

My Fire Department recently got 2, 2023 Tahoe's as command vehicles.

I have used FORscan for little things like this on both personal and work trucks - but they were always Ford's prior to this year. I can't find anything that seems to work (reliably) for Chevy/GM.

I'm mainly looking for 2 things:

1.) Always default to Sport Mode while driving. Makes an incredible difference with acceleration IMO, and it's what the boss wants.

2.) Disable the horn honks when leaving the keys inside the vehicle. Vehicle is parked in our firehouse bay anytime it's not in use. BOTH of these happen to be right next to our dorm rooms. (I know, make fun of us for getting paid to sleep...) Would be a great quality of life improvement, but the Sport Mode has been requested by all of the people of much higher rank than I to be turned on.

If there is a FORscan "like" program to do these, or be able to look at what can be modified I would love to learn more about it.

Our local dealer acts like we aren't speaking English to him when we asked if this was possible.

Thanks!
Miles

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No programmer for the end user, unfortunately.

As for the horn chirp when a key is left in the vehicle that is easy to turn off in the settings menu. Just go to Settings - Vehicle - Remote Lock, Unlock and Start - at the very bottom of that menu you turn off the alert.

As far as the sport mode goes, you might check with https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

They make a harness that plugs into the switch pack that has the auto start stop button and it will save the setting of having it off and send that setting to the BCM every time you start the rig. Seems like they could apply the same strategy to the drive mode switch.

Attachments

• IMG_2729.jpeg
    IMG_2729.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz