2023 RST Performance Edition ride too stiff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove that heavy GM-Brembo brake package kit and install the normal OEM brake, rotors and pads. Those things are heavy as hell! I added them to my 6.2 RST and feel a difference in ride quality. Still smooth but I feel more road imperfections than before. I believe the RST sport edition comes with 20 inch wheels and not 22 so wheel size is not a big factor here. The regular versions of this truck on 22s ride smooth.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We picked Z71 specifically for the taller sidewall 18" tires.
And we have always put Michelin Defender LTX tires (not AT) on our Tahoes and they are quiet, capable and very comfortable.
They are more expensive than others but last a very long time and get the job done.

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would test drive a different version and if better, trade. Don’t mess with your truck’s suspension and brakes. At the very least it will mess with resale if it’s detectable, and you could go through all tha parts changes to see little difference. Magnetic ride shocks are simple super responsive, so my guess is it’s the stiffer chassis and springs. maybe the tires too. My Z71 has air suspension and magnetic ride and is nearly as smooth as my friends S class Benze. Amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts