2023 RST Performance Edition ride too stiff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Driver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got a new 2023 RST Performance Edition………went on a long cross country drive……new it would be stiff, but it’s just too much for my back. What’s cheaper? Converting suspension and all associated parts (tires/rims etc) or just selling and getting a Z71 ? It only has 1300 miles……pristine condition.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rims and tires aren’t going to help much, you’d have to get a Z71 with air ride to make any difference. Sport edition RST has magnetic ride.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a new 2023 RST Performance Edition………went on a long cross country drive……new it would be stiff, but it’s just too much for my back. What’s cheaper? Converting suspension and all associated parts (tires/rims etc) or just selling and getting a Z71 ? It only has 1300 miles……pristine condition.

My thought would be the 22" wheels/tires, but I'm curious if there's something wrong with your struts/shocks.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to a chevy promo video I just watched it has lowered suspension and the tahoe pursuit vehicle chassis (maybe beefier frame and harder bushings or something like that?) so it's clearly much more performance oriented so you're probably better off trading it in on something else if the ride is too stiff. We have the basic suspension on our yukon with no air or magride and I personally think it rides fantastic. One of if not the best riding vehicle I've been in. Soaks up the bumps and just floats along. We also have 20" rims with bigger more aggressive AT tires so that helps quite a bit too

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a new 2023 RST Performance Edition.
Went on a long cross country drive. Knew it would be stiff, but it’s just too much for my back.
What’s cheaper?
Converting suspension and all associated parts (tires / rims etc), or just selling and getting a Z71?
It only has 1300 miles, pristine condition.
If you were truly interested in keeping it, I'd START by buying the smallest wheels and the commensurate tires to keep the speedo accurate. That will soften the ride SOME.
If not enough, change the springs and shocks next. Then again, what if that's not enough for you?

If you can absorb the cost - money AND time - of buying a different vehicle, and are not 'attached' to the RST Performance Edition, you might be happier selling it, assuming you buy something more accommodating to your spine.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thought would be the 22" wheels/tires, but I'm curious if there's something wrong with your struts/shocks.

If you were truly interested in keeping it, I'd START by buying the smallest wheels and the commensurate tires to keep the speedo accurate. That will soften the ride SOME.
If not enough, change the springs and shocks next. Then again, what if that's not enough for you?

If you can absorb the cost - money AND time - of buying a different vehicle, and are not 'attached' to the RST Performance Edition, you might be happier selling it, assuming you buy something more accommodating to your spine.
So I took another look at this and it appears as if the RST Performance Edition comes with the 20" wheels/tires.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id trade it. It's a hard trim to come by so you won't lose much if any on the deal.

No sense in trying to dumb down the performance model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right