2023 orders open?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too ... I want the Duramax ... maybe worth waiting for the tweaked diesel in 2024 that's finding it's way into the GM pickups for 2023? Or else it'll be further choked by emissions and it'll make sense to buy one before then?

I'm tired of constraints and I want SuperCruise but I'm guessing we'll be waiting for a while on those. We currently have a 2020 Lincoln Navigator L and are content to hold onto it, but want that Duramax and the slightly better cargo space in the GM products. I may just try to grab a lower priced Suburban LST and save some money in the meantime, but on the other hand I'm considering ordering the Escalade ESV just so I can get all the goodies without so much constraint. I'm not super excited about having a bling-y Escalade however. I do like all the features though (Massage seats, night vision, Super Cruise, etc.).

Wish I liked the interior look of the Yukon Ultimate more ... don't like the interior color or the rims.

Hmmmmmmmmm ... probably wisest to wait for a 2024 refresh and the updated diesel ... just not sure I can wait that long. Could probably sell our Navigator and pocket $15k after buying a Suburban LST in the meantime.

I'd imagine the refresh in 2024 will get an interior infotainment and shifter similar to the pickups.

I'm probably going to wait until mid 2023 just to see what the updates will be in 2024 and let GM, Ford, Stellantis, and Toyota get their sh*t together.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm probably going to wait until mid 2023 just to see what the updates will be in 2024 and let GM, Ford, Stellantis, and Toyota get their sh*t together.
It isnt tahat they dont have their acts together, it is all supply chain issues. They all get their chips from different companies in china, and china is under lockdown or has been recently. Supplies for every type of goods are hard to come by. Furniture, clothing, electronics, vehicles, housewares, toiletries.... all of it has supply chain problems. So waiting probably wont make much difference in how fast you get it, but will likely add inflation increases to your cost to purchase. I work in manufacturing, and we have lots of issues getting things from china, like 20 to 24 week lead time from when an order is placed to when we get the supplies, often times even longer.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isnt tahat they dont have their acts together, it is all supply chain issues. They all get their chips from different companies in china, and china is under lockdown or has been recently. Supplies for every type of goods are hard to come by. Furniture, clothing, electronics, vehicles, housewares, toiletries.... all of it has supply chain problems. So waiting probably wont make much difference in how fast you get it, but will likely add inflation increases to your cost to purchase. I work in manufacturing, and we have lots of issues getting things from china, like 20 to 24 week lead time from when an order is placed to when we get the supplies, often times even longer.
There is some indicators that are showing that inventory in retail goods is building up - I think it'll take a bit longer for vehicles.

While the focus in the past 2 years has been supply side, I think the demand side of the equation is showing signs of changing and it's going to slow down. I think we will have a clearer picture of how the economy and market are going to turn out in 2-3 months after the Fed does two 50 basis point hikes and starts rolling off its balance sheet.

So I'm not entirely positive that inflation will increase. An economic recession tends to be deflationary.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends on how fast things fall off, if they do as well as if companies stay greedy and try to squeeze more profits out of consumers.

Reaction score
We are in a recession likely. Will find out soon. My fear is the supply chain won't catch up as car manufacturers are preparing for a slowdown and are enjoying their price control right now. We shall see.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends on how fast things fall off, if they do as well as if companies stay greedy and try to squeeze more profits out of consumers.

We are in a recession likely. Will find out soon. My fear is the supply chain won't catch up as car manufacturers are preparing for a slowdown and are enjoying their price control right now. We shall see.
My gut feeling is that results for this quarter will determine whether we are in a technical recession.

Unlike many other markets, I consider the automotive market pretty competitive. I think while manufacturers state that we will not go back to the days of keeping inventory on dealer lots, I think they won't be able to help themselves in the domestic market. The American consumer wants to see and feel the product and all it takes is one or two manufacturer to start putting inventory on dealer lots for the rest of them to be forced to follow.

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That will probably end up happening anyway. I can't really put in a 2023 order until pricing is confirmed and even if an order went in today, what are we really looking at for delivery? If this year isn't much better than last, we could easily be looking at late 2022 for delivery. So what if it turns our to be Nov or Dec? Will we know anything about the 2024 refresh by then? And will it be early in the year of 2023, or very late? A lot of unknowns. I could put in an order and always change my mind depending on what we find out.

I'd prefer to get a vehicle this year. The only thing that might push me to wait for the refresh is the possibility of getting the Z71 trim with the new Duramax diesel. But as already stated, that new diesel might not be worth waiting for. And of course there will most likely be another significant price increase for the 2024 model year.

So we will definitely know a lot more over the next few months....

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not place an order I have an order in for a CT5. If I talk myself out of it by the time it arrives I'll go for a very long test drive and say no thank you. Say what you will just remember GM doesn't give a darn about their buyers.

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not place an order I have an order in for a CT5. If I talk myself out of it by the time it arrives I'll go for a very long test drive and say no thank you. Say what you will just remember GM doesn't give a darn about their buyers.
Agreed. That is my plan....place an order for a 2023 Suburban and Yukon XL both as soon as pricing is confirmed and see which dealers are able to deliver. I will make sure I have maximum flexibility to cancel if needed. In this day and age we have to look out for ourselves.

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from my salesman saying while my wait for my ‘22 Denali has been almost ten months, be glad because they are pulling the 6.2L V8 and all Yukons Tahoes and Suburbans. Only getting the 5.3. He also said they likely won’t be building ‘23s for months and months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz