2023 At4 Yukon coming from 2020 ford explorerr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bertnernee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

I love my 6.2, and I would not trade it for anything. The last person (of many) who approached me wanting to buy my truck when I ultimately want to sell it, and I told him not to hold his breath.
Thanks. We ordered a Yukon at4 with the 6.2. I can’t wait to get it. Has to be better than my ford. It’s been nothing but issues on the daily.

OP
OP
B

Bertnernee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the 10speed helps the 5.3L not be such a slug.

I have the 395HP 5.7L hemi w/8speed in a truck and its light years more powerful than my moms 18' 5.3L w/6peed.

Wife's 23' w/ 5.3l and the 10 speed doesnt seem too bad, but i havnt hit the hammer on it yet either.
Thanks. We ordered the Yukon at4 with the 6.2. I’m sure the new 5.3 wouldn’t be bad compared to hubs older one.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Our dealer offers 200k warranty as long as it’s serviced through them. So how the heck do you beat that?! We ordered a 2023 Yukon at4. Hoping it works out. Our dealer said they do a very high volume and haven’t had any issues getting vehicles
Long as they stay in business!

I bought a car from a dealer that offered free towing back to the dealer. Ten years later I had it towed to them on their dime, they had forgotten all about the guarantee but honored it since I had it in writing. Fun stuff!

Jellyfrosh

Reaction score
I actually had a 21 Yukon diesel for a rental while my ford was in the shop. I didn’t mind it too much. Except the whole Def thing. Not something I want to deal with to be honest.

All you have to do is put a jug in every couple months. It really isn't that big of a deal. The issues people have with DEF systems are when they put old expired DEF in their vehicle or the really early years (10 years ago or so) when they were first putting them on engines and had bugs to work out.

Pertzbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say I'm pleasantly surprised by the powertrain. Huge difference between the 5.3 w/6sp and the 5.3/10sp...

No, it doesnt slam you back in the seat like my Ram does - but it doesnt feel at all like a slouch. If anything the brakes feel weak... but it is a heavier vehicle.

OP
OP
B

Bertnernee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Long as they stay in business!

I bought a car from a dealer that offered free towing back to the dealer. Ten years later I had it towed to them on their dime, they had forgotten all about the guarantee but honored it since I had it in writing. Fun stuff!
I hope they stick around. They’ve been around for a long time.

JGinLA

Reaction score
I get paid to drive Fords in to service the problems you dealt with. The owners are usually 80 miles away and too busy to bother. The 6.2 Tahoe was my choice and every time I buy premium gas I remember Ford is paying for it.

Captain A-A-Ron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will say I'm pleasantly surprised by the powertrain. Huge difference between the 5.3 w/6sp and the 5.3/10sp...

No, it doesnt slam you back in the seat like my Ram does - but it doesnt feel at all like a slouch. If anything the brakes feel weak... but it is a heavier vehicle.
Throw some power stop brakes on it! It’s all I run on my vehicles

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 22 Yukon AT4 for a little over a year now, and they're VERY hard to spot on the road. But besides that, I love my 6.2l and wide-ass wheels. People literally move out the way when they see me coming down the road.

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
New here and newish to gmc. I currently have a 2020 Ford explorer st. Husband has a 2018 1500 Chevy w/5.3l. We are looking at trading the explorer on 2023 Yukon at4 with the 6.2l. I’m sick of all the electrical issues with ford, there’s no long term fix as of now. I keep seeing issues with the 6.2l but I’m afraid going from the ST to a 5.3l will be a snail. I’ve drove hubs truck many times when it was stock and hated how slow it was. Probably sounds dumb but I don’t want a snail. But I’m also afraid of the issues I’m reading about with the 6.2. Any advice?
If GM could shoehorn the Duramax into the Yukon AT4, I'd probably own one already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout