2022 Yukon SLT interior electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brockp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 2022 Yukon SLT that my wife drives. She has been complaining that the google navi goes a bit crazy and won’t work a bit, more recently the overhead lighting in the car won’t turn on when opening doors or unlocking (I’ve checked the button in overhead console). The overhead console now is dead - no power to any lights or rear hatch. Now rear hatch won’t open. Dealer says there is no fix as a tsb is open from GM and if they replace unit will have to do again so they are stalling.

Anyone with similar problems?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the negative terminal on your battery and reconnect after ~5min. This will fully reset the BCM and might bring your overhead console back to life.

Others have commented about getting “service restraint system” messages and dealers have replaced the console, but I’ve also heard it’s still an ongoing issue and GM says they’re still working on the permanent fix.

OP
OP
B

brockp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m getting that message too….ha! Forgot to add that.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a bad OH console, been there and done that. Have it replaced. Fixes all of the above complaints...