2022 Yukon Paint Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bvs999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dealer finally received my 2022 Yukon yesterday, and I was able to pick it up last night. The lighting was pretty bad at the dealership so I did not get a chance to fully examine the exterior for problems (lesson learned). This morning, my wife and I noticed several areas where there was excess panel sealant / glue applied and then painted over. I have included one such example just so you all can look out for the same thing. Outside of this and the neutered rear entertainment system we love it. Just a bit disappointed a paint problem this bad could make it through quality control, and that factory paint has to be disturbed.

Attachments

• 3B0465C9-FF8D-401D-8CEF-43534A358FDE.jpeg
    3B0465C9-FF8D-401D-8CEF-43534A358FDE.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 45

Roturn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll definitely keep that in mind when my truck comes in. Thanks for the heads up.

OP
OP
B

bvs999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have no clue what is going on with GM quality, but the more I dig, the more I find. Do any GM reps ever read of post on this site?

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no clue what is going on with GM quality, but the more I dig, the more I find. Do any GM reps ever read of post on this site?

I guess the snarky response is, “You guys are willing to pay $5 - $10k over invoice, why should we care about quality or even read this forum, for that matter, when you’re willing to fork your dough over?”

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty ugly, I would not be happy with that. I'm assuming you're taking it back to the dealer so they can get the issue corrected? Ours had paint damage when I picked it up but it was from shipping. It's very small and you wouldn't notice it unless you knew but I was not excited. All the dealer offered me was some touch up paint that took a month to get and I had to pay my detail guy to touch it up

OP
OP
B

bvs999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's pretty ugly, I would not be happy with that. I'm assuming you're taking it back to the dealer so they can get the issue corrected? Ours had paint damage when I picked it up but it was from shipping. It's very small and you wouldn't notice it unless you knew but I was not excited. All the dealer offered me was some touch up paint that took a month to get and I had to pay my detail guy to touch it up
Just took it in today - I know I sound like a negative Nancy, but they are beyond helpless. At first they had no clue what to do then determined it is probably covered under warranty but can only use their non-GMC body shop at a different domestic brand dealership which is booked through February. After taking it to the body shop the estimator said 1.5+ weeks once dropped off as they would have to squeeze me in between normal customers, all with no loaner or rental - maybe time to reach out to the area GM rep.

Reaction score
Just took it in today - I know I sound like a negative Nancy, but they are beyond helpless. At first they had no clue what to do then determined it is probably covered under warranty but can only use their non-GMC body shop at a different domestic brand dealership which is booked through February. After taking it to the body shop the estimator said 1.5+ weeks once dropped off as they would have to squeeze me in between normal customers, all with no loaner or rental - maybe time to reach out to the area GM rep.
Or a good attorney... maybe look at voiding the purchase altogether.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That totally sucks but I don't think they are trying to screw you around. Everyone is just so dang busy these days you can't get anything done quickly. I found water leaking into our '21 at around 3k miles and I still had to wait like 3 weeks to get it fixed as more and more water leaked inside. Wasn't much I could do though, they didn't have time or parts to fix it. I would think with a paint issue they should be able to make that happen sooner than later though, that doesn't seem like that's a huge thing for professional paint shop to tackle.