2022 Yukon driver side floor soaked!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hiebs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a new 2022 Yukon Denali less than a week and a half ago. Both times it has rained I've had my driver's side floor soaked! After the first time I took it to dealership, they said the blew out the drain lines and thought that should fix it as one had some gunk in it, they ran a hose on it for a period of time and said no leaks, dried my floorboard and sent me on my way. 3 days later it rains again, not a lot, but enough that once again the floorboard was wet. The first time water was dripping out of the sides of the upper console ( where OnStar buttons are ), last time no leaks there but floor still wet?? Pretty pissed I paid for a brand new truck and this is happening, it also seems this has been a known issue for a long time on various models. Has anyone found a fix for this, I'm worried that I'll have electrical issues down the road, truck has less than 500 miles and I already want to get rid of it!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you taken it thru a drive-thru car wash? maybe sit in the passenger seat while going thru the wash and see if you can determine where it is leaking (approx)
sometimes what happens is the front windshield is not sealed up properly allowing for water intrusion, a drive thru car wash may help you determine where it is coming from.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you taken it thru a drive-thru car wash? maybe sit in the passenger seat while going thru the wash and see if you can determine where it is leaking (approx)
sometimes what happens is the front windshield is not sealed up properly allowing for water intrusion, a drive thru car wash may help you determine where it is coming from.
This is a great idea.

Or try to position a water hose that’s constantly hitting the top of your windshield and running down the front and sunroof and sit inside and see what you see or hear. Then take video and pics and share with dealer.

I know that sounds like a lot of work for your brand new vehicle purchase, but at least you’ll know.

morenoj76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a new 2022 Yukon Denali less than a week and a half ago. Both times it has rained I've had my driver's side floor soaked! After the first time I took it to dealership, they said the blew out the drain lines and thought that should fix it as one had some gunk in it, they ran a hose on it for a period of time and said no leaks, dried my floorboard and sent me on my way. 3 days later it rains again, not a lot, but enough that once again the floorboard was wet. The first time water was dripping out of the sides of the upper console ( where OnStar buttons are ), last time no leaks there but floor still wet?? Pretty pissed I paid for a brand new truck and this is happening, it also seems this has been a known issue for a long time on various models. Has anyone found a fix for this, I'm worried that I'll have electrical issues down the road, truck has less than 500 miles and I already want to get rid of it!
Just happened to me and have an appointment to get it checked out, now my dashboard is blank...!

OP
OP
H

Hiebs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just happened to me and have an appointment to get it checked out, now my dashboard is blank...!
Good luck! Mines been in several times , each time they give me a story and say it's fixed yet it's still leaking, it's going back again next week.

Cryptocap

Reaction score
Good luck! Mines been in several times , each time they give me a story and say it's fixed yet it's still leaking, it's going back again next week.
@Hiebs mine is still having the same issue as well. Same leak spot in the upper console too. They extended the drain tubes according to a TSB, but that didn’t help. Im starting the lemon process, using the BBB autoline, but might switch to an attorney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC