2022 Yukon Denali/Transmission leak around 50 miles, actually built with issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gkuypers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked my Yukon Denali up from the dealer February 11th with 6 miles on it and returned it to the dealer February 14th with about 50 miles with a transmission leak. This is why I'd say my Yukon was built with this issue. This is the shaft running from the transmission to the transfer case. The Tech showed me the shaft had a dent / gouge in the area where the seal sits causing the seal to leak trans fluid. I don't think it was losing a ton of fluid, but it really does smell when it gets onto the exhaust. Anyway, I contacted GM customer care and they are following the repair, but it took 6 days for the dealer to get the replacement part and as of today (2-23-22) I still have no truck. GM Customer care told me after the repair is complete, I'll get extended coverage on the transmission and hopefully a few oil changes.

1645629010375.png 1645629624418.png

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That doesn't look like a little leak either. Built in rust prevention. Could have caused some real heartache if you hadn't noticed that too.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 21 Denali leaked out a ton of trannny fluid at 79 miles. I discovered it when taking in for clear bra and tint. They were freaked it would eat their enameled floors.

A quick tow to the dealer, replaced seal “that had a wrinkle in it” and after the general manager personally delivered it back to my driveway 38 miles from the dealership to my home, on a Saturday, it was good for another 19,200 miles before I’m selling the 21’.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlpfcb