2022 Yukon AT4 - Complete shutdown of electronic controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LotsofTrucks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wanted to weigh-in on the IHU volume issue. There was a software problem with the long press on the SWC, the center stack module can create an error where is sends a continuous volume up key event to the audio controller. Sounds like what happened here. A software fix corrects the issue and is getting updated over-the-air. #IworkforGM

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to weigh-in on the IHU volume issue. There was a software problem with the long press on the SWC, the center stack module can create an error where is sends a continuous volume up key event to the audio controller. Sounds like what happened here. A software fix corrects the issue and is getting updated over-the-air. #IworkforGM
Perhaps could you decode the acronyms for us:
IHU is Integrated Head Unit?
SWC is Steering Wheel Controls?

Thanks for the info...if you work for GM, and have access to people in the know; please tell them that as a consumers we need a better way to report software issues we see...I have written up a couple pretty extensive bug reports, but have no way to submit them...(including photos and screen shots).

LotsofTrucks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, yes. Steering Wheel Control and Infotainment Head Unit.

Agree on a better way to get feedback directly. I have a 2013 Escalade (and typically have several other trucks coming and going), and use this forum (and others) to figure out how to solve random things that I need to figure out. I also scan the weekly mails for things like this - and was able to connect directly to raise the issue and understand the fix. Let me see what I can do about a proper channel for feedback

OP
OP
SwampDog

SwampDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17