2022 Yukon volume control issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Capt C

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Occasionally the volume knob and steering wheel controls will stop responding. The volume bar graph at the bottom of the infotainment screen will get glitchy when you turn the knob with no volume response to the system. I have to shut the vehicle off for a minute or two and restart. This seems to fix the problem, but it's starting to happen more frequently. Has anybody else had this happen on their Yukon, Tahoe or Suburban ? What was the fix ?

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only had it happen once on my ‘22 Yukon Denali. The volume knob was changing ‘navigation’ volume when I was listening to the radio with no destination even set. I had to set a destination and wait for the turn by turn to speak to lower my music.

Once I power cycled the truck, it was fine. It hasn’t happened since March of this year.

Reaction score
Don't know if this will fix it but it will get it documented if there is any type of service bulletin for this problem...

Call the service department at your dealership and let them know about it. Maybe they've had others report this. Maybe there is a TSB out for it.

Peteten

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this issue happen at least 3 times. 2022.5 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 with Bose. No matter what audio source is playing the volume knob controls the nav volume. I tried switching between multiple sources and turning off the system by holding the mute button down to no avail. Only thing that fixed it was shutting the vehicle off and on. I did figure out if you use google voice and say volume up or down it will control the audio volume. Also if you have a nav route active and the you adjust the volume while the nav system is talking it will control the audio volume. This is the exact opposite of normal operation. Normally if the nav system is speaking and you use the volume knob it will adjust the nav volume and return to audio volume control after it’s done speaking. Weird and definitely sounds like a software glitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh