2022 without front/rear park assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

otisb2112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For those with a 2022 that was built without the front/rear park assist (to be retrofitted in 4Q22), how is your dealer handling prioritizing the work? I haven’t yet heard from my dealer, but thinking it would be based on who first received their truck. But curious if anyone has received details. Thanks in advance.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m heading to my local dealership tomorrow morning to get some accessories installed and I’m going to ask them. I purchased the truck from a dealership in another state and had it shipped so I’m hoping for the best. From what I gathered from purchasing dealer, any GM/Chevy dealer will be able to retrofit when chips are available

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got conflicting answers today. My local dealer's service tech told me since I purchased the vehicle from another dealership, GM would be shipping the chip/module to that dealership and the part would then have to be shipped to my local dealer.

I contacted the dealership I purchased the vehicle from, and they said this would fall under a GM warranty issue and any dealer could initiate it.

No timeframe/prioritization guidelines were given to me, actually both service departments seemed to be unaware of the retrofits.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I certainly hope for your sakes that this gets cleared up … but the “business realist” part of my brain is telling me this is what’s going on at GM HQ:

”We have 150,000 chips and won’t get more until December. Should we send them to our dealers to fix those cars we already sold? Orrrrr … should we build new cars and make more money? All those in favor of fixing those cars we sold? No one? OK, more money it is …”

OP
OP
O

otisb2112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got conflicting answers today. My local dealer's service tech told me since I purchased the vehicle from another dealership, GM would be shipping the chip/module to that dealership and the part would then have to be shipped to my local dealer.

I contacted the dealership I purchased the vehicle from, and they said this would fall under a GM warranty issue and any dealer could initiate it.

No timeframe/prioritization guidelines were given to me, actually both service departments seemed to be unaware of the retrofits.
Thanks for providing follow up.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I certainly hope for your sakes that this gets cleared up … but the “business realist” part of my brain is telling me this is what’s going on at GM HQ:

”We have 150,000 chips and won’t get more until December. Should we send them to our dealers to fix those cars we already sold? Orrrrr … should we build new cars and make more money? All those in favor of fixing those cars we sold? No one? OK, more money it is …”

This is exactly what’s going to happen…

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definitely weird driving without park sensors but I've gotten used to it so I'm in no rush... But my out of state selling dealer said that GM is going to treat it like a recall and that you can go to any dealership. There's form that was included at the time of sale that verifies this.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definitely weird driving without park sensors but I've gotten used to it so I'm in no rush... But my out of state selling dealer said that GM is going to treat it like a recall and that you can go to any dealership. There's form that was included at the time of sale that verifies this.
I got used to always hitting the camera button when parking anyway, so as long as I can visually see via the camera I’m good for now. When I bring the truck in for its first oil change I’ll pester the service guy again

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think GM will send out notifications that parts are available and then it up to the customer to make arrangements with the dealer for service. GM is probably hoping that since the customer had to wait so long for parts that some will never respond back.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't bother pestering anyone until at least 4th quarter, not gonna be available before then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700