2022 Tahoe Z71 tire swap to Nitto Recon grappler 285/60/R20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CBDFW1984

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered new 285/60R20 Nitto Recon Grapplers for my 2022 Tahoe Z71 yesterday, should be in early next week- Just wondering if anyone else has done this and if there's any rub?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will be tight for sure.

I successfully put 305/45/22’s (little wider but a little shorter) on the wifes high country with absolutely no rub. You will definitely be cutting it close.

Cant wait to see pics! Those look like nice tires for sure.

OP
OP
CBDFW1984

CBDFW1984

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll post pics as soon as it's done. is your wife high country leveled?

Last edited:

OKCTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also have a satin steel Z71 and these tires look really good. Are you happy with them or would you do anything different if you had it to do over again? Mine is a 6.2L with magnetic ride control & Air Ride suspension, is that the same with yours and have you noticed any difference in the ride quality? My last rig was a lifted 2018 4Runner with Ridge Grapplers and it was bouncy as hell. I love the smooth ride of the Z71 with stock tires but they definitely lack in appearance so I'd like to change them if the ride quality is not diminished (or only a modest amount).

OKCTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm also debating whether to have the Z71 running boards installed or just sell them. Have yours come in yet?

OP
OP
CBDFW1984

CBDFW1984

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm also debating whether to have the Z71 running boards installed or just sell them. Have yours come in yet?
I would install them, I’ve looked for them and can’t find them in stock… if you want to sell I will definitely buy them!

OP
OP
CBDFW1984

CBDFW1984

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also have a satin steel Z71 and these tires look really good. Are you happy with them or would you do anything different if you had it to do over again? Mine is a 6.2L with magnetic ride control & Air Ride suspension, is that the same with yours and have you noticed any difference in the ride quality? My last rig was a lifted 2018 4Runner with Ridge Grapplers and it was bouncy as hell. I love the smooth ride of the Z71 with stock tires but they definitely lack in appearance so I'd like to change them if the ride quality is not diminished (or only a modest amount).
I love the tires. Ride quality is about the same- I’ve been extremely happy and drive a ton for work. I bought the 2022 tahoe in February brand new off the truck with 2 miles.
I now have close to 6,000 miles.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the tires. Ride quality is about the same- I’ve been extremely happy and drive a ton for work. I bought the 2022 tahoe in February brand new off the truck with 2 miles.
I now have close to 6,000 miles.
Well by looking at your avatar pic, the tires are installed…where are the pics!?!? Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy