2022 Tahoe Ordering Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy2876

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to place my order for a 2022 Tahoe Premiere with the Premium Package.
On Chevy's web site, in the list of options is Front Center Console - $350. Is the console actually an option? If I don't order it, what do I get?
I also want to have Navigation, but I don't see that listed anywhere, does anyone know if it is included in the Premium Package?
Thanks.

aram05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On the 2022 the sliding Front console is supposed to be standard on the premieres in the high country. If for some reason it’s not showing that then you would just have the console it just wouldn’t slide towards the back. All models have built in navigation now via Google maps.

OP
OP
R

Randy2876

Reaction score
On the 2022 the sliding Front console is supposed to be standard on the premieres in the high country. If for some reason it’s not showing that then you would just have the console it just wouldn’t slide towards the back. All models have built in navigation now via Google maps.
I'm getting the 60/40 2nd row seating, so the sliding console wouldn't be available. I'm just wondering why it's showing the center console as an option for $350, it seems to me that it should be standard equipment.

Traverse Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to place my order for a 2022 Tahoe Premiere with the Premium Package.
On Chevy's web site, in the list of options is Front Center Console - $350. Is the console actually an option? If I don't order it, what do I get?
I also want to have Navigation, but I don't see that listed anywhere, does anyone know if it is included in the Premium Package?
Thanks.
It took me a bit to figure this out as well. It sounds like unless you order the package that has the rear TV, you will run your navigation via apple car play or android auto. I have it in a rental right now. It is ok but I hate having a cord out all of the time.

OP
OP
R

Randy2876

Reaction score
It took me a bit to figure this out as well. It sounds like unless you order the package that has the rear TV, you will run your navigation via apple car play or android auto. I have it in a rental right now. It is ok but I hate having a cord out all of the time.
My local dealer tells me the 2022's are bluetooth, no need for a cord. They also refuse to tell me what their allocation is, and are telling me to expect up to a year to receive it. I'm thinking of trying somewhere else.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The console should be available the $350’is if you want the sliding option. I would suspect that if you had a skilled dealer technician they might be able to install aftermarket but don’t quote me.

The only thing really needed is the track to slide on, lower storage drawer and a OH console switch. Could be expensive but possible….hopefully!!’

Sjcoleman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My local dealer tells me the 2022's are bluetooth, no need for a cord. They also refuse to tell me what their allocation is, and are telling me to expect up to a year to receive it. I'm thinking of trying somewhere else.
I would try someone else. I ordered September 27th. GM picked up order end of October. It was built 11/29. Now waiting for transport and chips but they thought I would hopefully see it before the new year.

Lucky17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 Z-71 in September and it took until November for Chevy to accept my order... and in order to accept it I had to remove the rear media package and the sliding console. They said it was due to the chip shortage. My dealer said they kept the request in to have the rear media and electric console added if it became available... apparently they reset options available for orders every Thursday. My Tahoe was built last week and is being shipped to me in SC right now, but unfortunately my dealer won't know until it gets here if they were able to add either option. Pretty crazy that I can track at $2 toothbrush from the second I hit order until it is delivered to my front door, but they can't track a $75,000 car!

CoryS

Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 Z-71 in September and it took until November for Chevy to accept my order... and in order to accept it I had to remove the rear media package and the sliding console. They said it was due to the chip shortage. My dealer said they kept the request in to have the rear media and electric console added if it became available... apparently they reset options available for orders every Thursday. My Tahoe was built last week and is being shipped to me in SC right now, but unfortunately my dealer won't know until it gets here if they were able to add either option. Pretty crazy that I can track at $2 toothbrush from the second I hit order until it is delivered to my front door, but they can't track a $75,000 car!
Check the Chevy inventory site and/or your dealers site and download the window sticker. That should be posted within a few days after it shipped, at least it was with mine. The window sticker will tell you exactly what is included in your Tahoe.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anoth trick my dealer taught me.

When ordering most dealers use a generic stock number…usually last eight of the VIN.

if your dealer posts a internal stock number…..that is usually a good sign if getting closer to being on property or on deck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts