2022 Tahoe - 12k Manufacturers Warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an issue GM, Ford, Jeep don't get. Folks spend 90K on a vehicle and expect "white glove" service. GM wants to treat the YUkon Ultimate buyer the same as the Equinox buyer. I think that is a recipe for disaster. I believe GM should elevate Denali service, warranty, etc.. They kind of want it both ways. GM wants to sell a luxury trim "Denali" "High Country" "Avenir" and then treat after sales stuff like it doesn't matter. But, as long as demand is strong as it is GM wont change. Short term gain, long term loss. Reminiscent of the Big Three's 70's thinking.

We love our Denali's now but my wife and I have talked about a little down the road we plan on CPO Yukon SLT's with trims we want/need.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an issue GM, Ford, Jeep don't get. Folks spend 90K on a vehicle and expect "white glove" service. GM wants to treat the YUkon Ultimate buyer the same as the Equinox buyer. I think that is a recipe for disaster. I believe GM should elevate Denali service, warranty, etc.. They kind of want it both ways. GM wants to sell a luxury trim "Denali" "High Country" "Avenir" and then treat after sales stuff like it doesn't matter. But, as long as demand is strong as it is GM wont change. Short term gain, long term loss. Reminiscent of the Big Three's 70's thinking.

We love our Denali's now but my wife and I have talked about a little down the road we plan on CPO Yukon SLT's with trims we want/need.
Ha ha….
Denali’s are no different than any thing else service wise…You had better adjust your expectations here. You don’t get loaners or croissants….

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha….
Denali’s are no different than any thing else service wise…You had better adjust your expectations here. You don’t get loaners or croissants….
Actually I do.

My dealer gave a no charge Equinox last fall because I didn't want to park my Denali at Mitchell Field in Milwaukee. This is 2.5 hour drive and parked there 4 days.

But, I think you are missing my overall point. If GM wants to continue selling "luxury" type trims at absurd pricing they will need to step up their game in my opinion.

gatorintx

Reaction score
If GM wants to continue selling "luxury" type trims at absurd pricing they will need to step up their game in my opinion.

Completely agree. I currently drive a BMW X5 - when I take it in for service, I've got someone at my door within 5 seconds. One time they rotated my tires, I picked up the car, and drove to my office. They called me saying the tech was 99% sure he properly tightened all the lug nuts, but couldn't be 100% certain. They sent the guy out to my office to ensure everything was perfectly tight. That's good service, and my X5 was not a $90k vehicle. Once my Yukon gets delivered, I hope to find a local dealer with good service, but sounds like I shouldn't expect too much.

jmzvet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely get better service at my Acura dealer than my GM dealer.
$30K SUV vs $85K SUV.
I believe the reason is Acura / Lexus separates their less expensive Honda /Toyota brands and GM doesn’t.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you hit the nail on the head. GM views a base Equinox the same as an Ultimate Denali.

I do think GM could up their game and make the Denali line its own entity. I do not think that they will but it would make sense. As long as folks like me keep forking out the dough for a Denali they don't need to do anything. One idea I have always had is spinning the Denali line to Cadillac. Cadillac dealers do go through a bit of a different routine for their customers. I think stand alone Cadillac and Denali dealers could work. Again, we as customers are not forcing GM to do anything different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660