2022 Denali digital instrumental cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLMBT

Reaction score
We recently had to take our 2022 Yukon Denali to the dealer, with mileage under 2k, the instrumental cluster started to blink on and off and a light came on that says "Service Instrumental Cluster", we had, few weeks prior another light that said "Check door latch" light that came on and we couldn't roll windows down and the dealer reset it by taking the fuse out and GM told them that they are working to update the computer software of these new Yukons..now when this other instrumental cluster light came on, we left ot overnight yesterday and still waiting, GM techs are supposed to contact the dealer on what to do...I understand technology, the vehicle itself is great..why is software an issue? Shouldn't their techs figure out all these bugs before selling to customers? Or is this GM's way of checking what's going on with their software as customers experience it...because it is really annoying...anyone has thoughts on this?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Net, welcome to Agile Software Development...google it if you don't know what it is

OP
OP
JLMBT

JLMBT

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply...so I went on that site "agile software development", what am I looking for?

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's where the customer helps with debugging like an unwitting test mule.

sad but true....

the all too classic meme about video games...80s/90s kids had to just deal with the games as they were originally produced...now games/apps/phones/tvs/cars/anything remotely tied to tech will be constantly updated, most of which isn't bringing new options to the table, it's more or less just fixing everyday issues...think back to having to put duct tape over the side of an iphone 4 so a left handed person could make a call.

have a 2022 Ram 3500...I set the radio presets, then randomly it decides to forget the presets, goes back to factory defaults without anything else changing. I've given up setting them...I did go about a month without any issues and then it's happened 3x in the past week. No updates to correct the issue (yet)

OP
OP
JLMBT

JLMBT

Reaction score
Thank you all for your inputs, dealer did call me today and let me know they had to order some part that communicates with the instrument cluster and install it tomorrow, they found that part to be malfunctioning...let's hope that's it. I will let you all know what that exact part is called once they install it...

OP
OP
JLMBT

JLMBT

Reaction score
I finally got my new yukon back...they said the software is so new that not even the main GM techs couldn't figure out why it was blinking on and off...so they replaced it with an entire brand new digital instrument cluster...it seems to me that GM is in test mode with the new software so they are making updates as they get customers bringing their 2022 or newer yukons to their local dealership for problem solving...well at least they did a good job of making sure they take care of their customers...it was GM that told the local dealer to replace the instrument cluster..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to Android with GM's software overlay, the forthcoming electric vehicles will run on Linux also with GM's overlay but being linux based it's generally more stable.

zoddrick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
welcome to Android with GM's software overlay, the forthcoming electric vehicles will run on Linux also with GM's overlay but being linux based it's generally more stable.
android runs a modified linux kernel so its already running linux.