2022 6.2 Tahoe Black Soot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bkihum

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Tahoe with 8k miles and it's leaving a big soot stain on my driveway. I can't park it on my pavers as it damages them.

I have taken the Tahoe to two dealerships now and they tell me "this is normal".

How could this be normal? Am I crazy here? This is not coming from the tail pipe either but from a joint in front of the cat.

View attachment 394942
So I have 2022 Denali and I have the same soot at same location on my garage floor.... Dealer said Oh that's normal ???? That's bullcrap!

OP
OP
P

Purcilas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It seems like the same exact problem but they said “nope, this is for diesel engines”

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like the same exact problem but they said “nope, this is for diesel engines”

Note, there is a drain hole in the muffler, I believe...which sometimes you get condensation and possibly some soot out of...but this looks worse than that. If you have actually seen it dripping/leaking from the joint in front of the cat-con, take a cell phone video and some pics of it happening...hard to argue w/ that. Then, tell them to put it on the lift, and inspect for an exhaust leak in front of the cat con...if there isn't one, tell them you will pay 0.25hrs labor, if there is one, tell them it should be fixed...

OP
OP
P

Purcilas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will try again. And yeah I can see having a small leak maybe? But this is insane.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try recording a cold start with good lighting and see what you capture. It will be hard to dispute real evidence

DocDoug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Tahoe with 8k miles and it's leaving a big soot stain on my driveway. I can't park it on my pavers as it damages them.

I have taken the Tahoe to two dealerships now and they tell me "this is normal".

How could this be normal? Am I crazy here? This is not coming from the tail pipe either but from a joint in front of the cat.

View attachment 394942
How long are you idling the engine before driving?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts