2021 Yukon AT4 Remote Trailer TPMS Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marc Marc

Reaction score
I ordered the remote trailer tire pressure monitoring system with my AT4, which works great for my dual axle Ranger bassboat trailer until I get about 5 miles down the road. Then the system gives me an error saying to service the trailer TPMS system. This makes it useless for the rest of the trip, when I need it the most. After stopping and restarting it works fine again until I am on the road.
Anyone experience this, and have an idea why this is happening, and what the fix could be?

Campingfamco

Reaction score
I had this problem as well as the valve stems not working for my travel trailer. Because I would constantly come back to flat tires at the storage facility I removed them. No point in having sensors if the tires are always flat. So I never resolved the issue of the service trailer tire monitoring system. It does seem to be happening a lot for people. I believe some ended up deleting their trailer profiles completely and starting from scratch to solve the issue. Not sure if this truly worked or not.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck came with them as an option. I installed them on my aluma 8218 open car trailer. Worked perfectly, just did a trip up to Va, and used it alot to check on tire temps. No issue. My trailer was a little high and thought nothing of it. Well down the road a ways the temp of the rear 2 tires were 18 degrees hotter than the front 2. I adjusted the hitch at a rest stop to level. All 4 were within 2 degrees. Its a great tool and option. Being able to see the pressures and temps is a great tool on the fly driving down the road. Better than my old method of feeling the tires temp at the rest stop and thinking "not too bad, all good". LOL Its worth getting it squared away.

OP
OP
M

Marc Marc

Reaction score
Yes, I am hoping it will give me an early warning on an impending bearing failure, also. Wish I could figure out the problem and fix it myself as it is tough to get my boat and trailer to the dealer service department and get it fixed, especially since they won't be able to duplicate the problem until driving on the road a considerable distance.

OP
OP
M

Marc Marc

Reaction score
Still having the problem of losing all four remote TPMS for my boat trailer. I always lose all four at the same time once I get on the highway.

Spoke to my dealer service department. They are saying I have to bring my trailer in and first have them reset or relearn all the tires. Not sure what that will accomplish as they are already learned and working fine when they work, and when they don't all go out at the same time. But they won't do any more work until this is done as step 1. PIA in that my dealer is 20 minutes away and they don't have a parking lot with room for both my AT4 and the boat attached...but it is what it is. I bet I have to make a second trip but I just want this to work as designed.

On another forum someone said they had the problem and it was caused by a loose ground behind the license plate? Not sure how you access and inspect for this?

OP
OP
M

Marc Marc

Reaction score
OK, finally got the AT4 and Ranger bassboat trailer to the dealer and they reset the trailer TPMS sensors. As I suspected, once I got on the I-5 to drive home the sensors all dropped again. Now I am scheduled for the "next step" which is another trip to the service department. I am concerned that nothing will be solved again as the sensors always work fine upon startup, but will go out once you get on the road after 15 minutes or so on the freeway. I bet I will get the "cannot duplicate the problem" when it is in the shop.

dicepoint

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone find a solution to this? For me it seems like right around 15 minutes down the road I get service trailer tpms message. I turn off Tahoe for several minutes and they work again. I had only one leg of trip that tpms stayed connected for about 3 hours until I stopped for gas. Ruled out heat, where my phone was, bumpy road, where the moon was ect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros