2021 USB ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new to me 2021 XL Denali, I was trying to connect an old school iPod or a usb flash drive with music to either of the usb ports and nothing seems to happen, neither shows up as a source when plugged in, but the iPod will charge. Is there someplace that you need to enable data ports or something similar?
The 21-24's do not recognize the ipod. I have a '22 and ran into the same problem. When it didnt work I brought my ipod to the dealer & tried it in several Yuk's none worked....but it worked in the Sierras. As a work around I loaded songs onto a stick, it worked but was not at all user friendly. I then uploaded to you tube music and access it thru the app on the infotainment. Not the best, but much better than a stick. This infotainment system leaves a lot to be desired!

OP
OP
L

Litsnsirn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lately, I’ve noticed that my car play has been dropping out, so I’ve been driving around with my phone plugged in to the usb port, charges just fine. When I looked at the car play menu on the phone, I only see a single instance of the GMC, my understanding is that I should see two, one for the wireless instance and one for wired. So I am pretty sure that the data portion of my USB ports isn’t working. Is there any troubleshooting I can do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan