Trouble using Rear Entertainment System 2021 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dprescott877

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am attempting to connect a fire stick to my new to me 2021 Tahoe. I have the fire stick connected to the rear hdmi port and the power cord plugged in below.

When I power on the rear screen(s) it shows the main screen showing "Watch", "Listen", and "Navigate" columns. I select the HDMI port and it just brings up another screen that says "Connect an HDMI Device" it shows USB 1 (greyed out) and the HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 (lit up in blue, even though the fire stick is only connected to one HDMI port and then USB 2 (greyed out). I have tried tapping both HDMI buttons and also the "OK" button at the bottom.

Nothing happens when I touch either of the HDMI icons but when I select "OK" at the bottom it just takes me right back to the main screen again with the three columns detailed above. Very frustrating and any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_0448.jpeg
    IMG_0448.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0449.jpeg
    IMG_0449.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0450.jpeg
    IMG_0450.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 6

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double check that your power port switch is turned on to the left of the steering column. The light will be green when it is on and will allow devices plugged into the 2nd/3rd row 110V power outlets to turn on. In your picture it doesn't look like it's on because the lightning bolt in the upper LH corner of the outlet will light up when it is providing power.

Attachments

• IMG_3117.jpeg
    IMG_3117.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019