2021 Tahoe Z71 Rough Country says no to 2" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sanman28

Reaction score
2 things. 1: That is a P/U truck. 2: SUV AT4’s and Z71’s do not have any factory lift or anything over a standard Tahoe or Yukon. I’ll ask again…..where are the lifted current gen GM SUV’s with broken suspension?

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you here or know about only the 1" leveling kit for the front end? I wonder if the stealer would void the repair warranty if a ball joint issue occurs. Hmmmm
My RC 2” kit was installed by the stealership so they better stand behind a repair warranty if it was needed

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 things. 1: That is a P/U truck. 2: SUV AT4’s and Z71’s do not have any factory lift or anything over a standard Tahoe or Yukon. I’ll ask again…..where are the lifted current gen GM SUV’s with broken suspension?

Even if I found some you still wouldn't believe so you do your spacer lift without upgrading the control arms and enjoy.

sanman28

Reaction score
Even if I found some you still wouldn't believe so you do your spacer lift without upgrading the control arms and enjoy.
No idea what you are referring to. I’m not encouraging or warning against any lift kit. Your claim was vague and the data you posted wasn’t even the correct vehicle. This is a Tahoe/Yukon forum…..not Silverado/sierra. They aren’t the same. If you have info on broken, lifted, current gen Tahoe/Yukon…..post it up. We all would like to see any issues.

Table

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Other people said yes
I just came across this thread so a bit late to the conversation. I have a 2022 tahoe Z71 without factory air suspension. I’m working with my local mechanic to add a lift, new tires and air suspension with compressor to tow my travel trailer. I reached out to Rough Country and asked why the site said the 2” lift/level kit was not compatible with Z71 and this was the response: “It fts but it will create geometry issues once installed and CV axle binding.” They said the front suspension is already heightened from the factory. Has anyone heard of CV axle binding?

sanman28

Reaction score
I just came across this thread so a bit late to the conversation. I have a 2022 tahoe Z71 without factory air suspension. I’m working with my local mechanic to add a lift, new tires and air suspension with compressor to tow my travel trailer. I reached out to Rough Country and asked why the site said the 2” lift/level kit was not compatible with Z71 and this was the response: “It fts but it will create geometry issues once installed and CV axle binding.” They said the front suspension is already heightened from the factory. Has anyone heard of CV axle binding?
They are wrong. The Tahoe/Yukon z71/AT4 is not any higher than any other….. Unlike the sierra/Silverado that can come with a lift. This only applies to non air ride Tahoe/Yukon.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are wrong. The Tahoe/Yukon z71/AT4 is not any higher than any other….. Unlike the sierra/Silverado that can come with a lift. This only applies to non air ride Tahoe/Yukon.
And the ones with air ride, i would be really damn surprised if there is one single thing different with the axleshafts or anything along those lines…im sure its all the same, they just go up higher with the air suspension.

sanman28

Reaction score
And the ones with air ride, i would be really damn surprised if there is one single thing different with the axleshafts or anything along those lines…im sure its all the same, they just go up higher with the air suspension.
Agreed. They will share as many components as possible.